Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the novice people go?

Hello there,

so I'm a complete novice to the world of technology when it comes to websites and I don't know where to to or to find out the "stupid" questions. It seems that all the people on these forums are knowledgeable. My problems are probably duh's to all of you and I don't even know where to begin. I think that my ambitions have me biting off more then I can chew.

first: is this the appropriate way to ask for help or am I in the wrong area?

second: if this is the right place to be, my overall question is, why is it that when I make changes to my "index.bvb" save and republish, why do I not see those changes after I have entered my domain name in the web browser?

Thank you for your understanding and help, I apologize deeply if this is not the place for asking these questions and I would greatly appreciate a kind guide.

Patty Mills
    domain name: thepeachapproach.com
    sigpic

Re: Where do the novice people go?

Hi, Patty

1. This is probably as good a spot as any.

2. If you have made changes to your index page and used the Publish icon to publish to "public_html" then your changes will be made instantly. Your browser is probably not loading the newer version; hit F5 a time or two and you'll see the newest page.

3. You page is way too wide. You have it set for 2,000px which means people with less than wide screens will have to use the scroll bar along the bottom to see both sides of your page. To change this, right click on the page in BV and choose Page Properties. There you can reduce the page width. 985 is a good number. After that you'll want to make sure the various elements on your page fit within 985. You may need to align the cloud and octagon shapes vertically instead of horizontally.

Welcome to Voda and best wishes.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Re: Where do the novice people go?

This may help you.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery