Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer uploads

Hi all!

I'm trying to create a file upload button so clients can upload pictures of their pets though the testimonial form which is than sent to my testimonial email account that I open with outlook 2003 (haven't upgraded yet - don't see a need). When I receive the email, the test picture does not show up as an attachment or anything. All it show is the value "PictureUpload : DSCF3098.JPG".

I checked all my files on BlueFTP and have not found the image file. Does anyone know if maybe this is a permissions issue and if so which file in FTP needs to be changed and to what permission? Currently, my public html is at 750, public ftp is at 755 and the email file is at 750.

I used the file upload button via bluevoda form button menu.

Thanks,
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: customer uploads

The built in form processor doesn't attach the images, but it uploads them on the server and attaches in the email the link to download them.

However, you have probably done something wrong. A link to this form pls ??
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign!

Sorry I forgot to link the page. Here it is:

I'm not sure what I could have done wrong but I'm sure you will find the problem! I just added the button and that's it, I didn't even change the name of it if that helps.
      Mr. Big Paw
      Big Paw Services

Comment

Ok, i believe that your problem is the encoding type. You must change it to multipart / form data.

Save, Publish, and Refresh your browser before testing
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Super it worked! Thanks again! After I read your first comment I checked the form and noticed that the encoding was empty. For other forms that do not have an upload button do I need to encode or leave it blank?

What exactly are the 3 different encoding types mean and when will I use what? I'm thinking that knowing more about it will be a good preemptive move for the future.
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

File uploads require multipart / form data (which is also ok for ALL other cases, i use it as default)

Leaving it blank defaults to application/x-www-form-urlencoded which is fine as long as no files are to be uploaded.
            Navaldesign

Comment

thanks again, you are always informative. You should change your user name to the Informative!
              Mr. Big Paw
              Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
              X