pdf file won't open on website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdf file won't open on website

Can someone tell me how to get a pdf file to open once it is posted to my website?

I used Blue Voda's FTP manager to transfer a pdf file to my website. I then put a link to that file on one of my web pages. However, when I open my web page and click on the link to the file I get the following error message.

"Adobe Reader could not open Brownetal-8.pdf because it is either not a supported file type or it has been damaged."
    I know the file is not damaged because it opens on my desk top computer just fine. It also opens when I double click on it in Blue Voda's FTP manager. That is, on the right hand side of the FTP manager, all the files on the remote host are displayed. When I double click on the file name there, it opens just fine.

It is just when I go to my organization's website and try to open the file, I get the error message.

The file is named Brownetal. But in the error message a hyphen and a number is added to the name. Each time I try to open the file, the number appended to the file name changes by having 1 added to it. So for example, in the error message above, it calls the file Brownetal-8. The next time I tried to open it, the file name in the error message was Brownetal-9.

Thanks very much,
    Carl Wilmsen
    My Blue Voda ID number is 12405.

Re: pdf file won't open on website

Problem solved. I had the file location typed in incorrectly.

Comment

Working...
    X