No announcement yet.

Totally HTML illiterate and need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally HTML illiterate and need help!!

Hello!

I downloaded and used Blue Voda to build a very attractive web page. I have to submit this page to the company I plan on working for. After designing it, I copied the HTML code and sent it to them. It came back with error messages. The first one, I can understand, but I do not know how to fix it. They want my URL for my computer, that would end with '/My Documents/My Pics/janet.gif" I know it starts with 'http://' and then has the filepath...please help me with this!

The other error said 'style command cannot be used in body' or something close to that...If I move the lines with that command outside the body, will that fix the problem?

I need your help desparately...I have to get this page up and running to start work!! Any info will be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

moonchyld

What do you mean you copied the HTML code to send it to them? Please
    publish the page and I will look at it asap!
    Last edited by VodaHost; 06-10-2005, 01:45 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      What do you mean you copied the HTML code to send it to them? Just publish the
      page and have them look at it.
      I wish I could, but it has to be approved by them first. It is an automated system (for submitting) and it keeps kicking the errors back at me. I need to know (literally, like yesterday) how to fix this URL addy thing and the style command issue.

This is for work, and I am losing money because I cannot fix this, please help!!

Comment

The Amazing *****

Their is not anything that I can do if you wont publish the page and let me look at it. Your asking for help and your not giving me anything to work with.
        Last edited by VodaHost; 06-10-2005, 10:49 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Page needing approval

Originally posted by moonchyld
          I wish I could, but it has to be approved by them first. It is an automated system (for submitting) and it keeps kicking the errors back at me. I need to know (literally, like yesterday) how to fix this URL addy thing and the style command issue.

This is for work, and I am losing money because I cannot fix this, please help!!

Moonchyld,

Sounds like a problem similar to the one ***** helped me with recently. You can't just send them the html. The files that are referenced in your html code are on YOUR computer and not with the code that you sent them. That is why it is asking for the URL to your system. Look at what ***** gave me and see if this is an option for you. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=425

Rodger
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X