Need education on Site Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need education on Site Maps

Sorry for my ignorance. I do not understand what a site map is. I have read posts and they appear to have different purposes. Some posts advise to use a free ware site map generators, and yet there is a site map generator built into to the web builder. I built my site. I used the site map generator that was built-in. I published it. I have no idea where I published it to and where it actually shows up. A file called sitemap.xml is now in my harddrive in the folder with all my web site pages, but I don't know what to do with it. I really just want to try and get my site indexed to Google and other search engines. Can someone please give me a brief run-down of what I need to do. I don't understand what ROR is, etc. My site is SelectPropertySale.com. Thanks!

Re: Need education on Site Maps

I apologize if I have asked this question wrong or in the wrong forum. I just need some basic help understanding the site map function and a little detail as to how to use it to help my page get indexed in Google. Is there someone out there who can help me?

Comment

Re: Need education on Site Maps

Site maps in xml format are used to assist search engines in finding and indexing your pages.

Any other type of site map is to list all your pages and products for your customer to find and may be an html page.

Both will help the search engines follow links deeper into your site. If you simply google SITEMAP im sure you will find a plethora of information on it as well as use the search button on the forum.. you find NUMEROUS posts about site maps.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X