Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I lose all the pics & elements when I move BV to new drive or computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I lose all the pics & elements when I move BV to new drive or computer?

I have been using BV for a while no and I am happy with it except for when I need to move the file to a new computer or more recently I need to share in a public area on a network, the images, flash, background etc all disappear. So I need to to spend alot of time re-instating each page. Is it because I am not saving these elements correctly in the first place or does this happen to everyone?

Sarah

Re: Why do I lose all the pics & elements when I move BV to new drive or computer?

BV resides in two directories on your computer. On is in programs for the actual program and the second is in "My Documents" . This second one is where all your images etc are stored. So when moving to a new computer you must copy them to the SAME location using the SAME path.

C:\\User name\Mydocuments\blue voda\

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Why do I lose all the pics & elements when I move BV to new drive or computer?

Karen,
      I thought I had done this I understand the concept of the two places but on quite a few occasions when I have tried to move it, I have to go back over every page to add the background elements, icons and flash. The logo shifts over okay and the shape elements but not the others.
      May I ask, on the public sharing of file on our network how does this work then, I copied all the BV files over to public from my C drive and had already installed the program on both computers but when we open BV on the public the elements are gone. I am a bit puzzled and since my website now has two languages and many pages it is not very time efficient to have this problem. Any clues??

Thank you
      Sarah

Comment

The path for your images/etc will have to be exactly the same also.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Carbon Terry,
          Okay, thanks I will try to look into it to see where I have gone wrong. I must have saved them in a different place. It would be great if I can sort it out, I am sick of having to keep reinstating the things all the time.

thanks again

Sarah

Comment

Sarah,

Copy the entire ....................C:\MyDocuments\BlueVoda ..............
            folder into a pendrive and take it with you.

Or publish what you created to a special folder in " public_html" and you can access the folder using the internet for your presentation.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I had the same problem when updating BV from v9 to v10.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X