Close a hundred pages in seconds....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close a hundred pages in seconds....

I don't know if anyone has previously posted this tip but I discovered it purely by fortunate accident.

You can close all your pages from 10 to 100 or more in a matter of seconds. And it's real easy. Basically, it's just setting up a short cut key to close a page.

Instructions below:

1. In your tool bar, go to "View" then "Customize".
    2. Click on the "Keyboard" tab.
    3. In the "Category" drop down list, make sure "File" is selected.
    4. Under "Commands" scroll down until you see "Close Page" , then click on it.
    5. In the section Press New Shortcut Key, type in what ever short cut keys you wish to use. In this case, I have chosen "ctrl + shift + x"

NB: it will alert you if a short cut key is already in use. The "ctrl" key is commonly used so try using it in combination with "shift"

6. Once you have chosen a shortcut key, click "Assign".
    7. Click "Close"

You are now ready to use your shortcut key.

TO CLOSE (1) PAGE:

Press and hold ctrl + shift then briefly press x

TO CLOSE ALL PAGES:

Press and hold ctrl + shift and hold the x button down and watch all your pages close in seconds.

I hope this helps remove one of the time consuming aspects of building your own site.

Now if only there was away to "select all pages" to open and "select all pages" to publish!!!!
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
    www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Re: Close a hundred pages in seconds....

A simpler safer method is if you save each page as you work (which is highly recommended each time you publish) when you click the window "x" close button all your BV tabs will close unless you did not save. If you did not save, a popup message appears. Save it and the program will close or go the the next one. I think this method is safer no?!
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
    X