Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Changes

Hi all,

Would appreciate some feedback on some changes to the site, including any opinions on my design of the eBook cover.

Appreciate any comments at all

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Re: Site Changes

Hello,

I checked out your site. You need to carefully look over each page and every word you wrote. There are a lot of gramatical and punctuation errors. For example, on your front page your tab for resources should be capitalized like the rest of your tabs. Then on your bullet points, each first word should be capitalized like you did with your last bullet point.

You need to go through your whole site and have someone edit your writings for you. I am assuming that English is not your native language and that is ok. You just want to portray proper English on your website especially with what it is you are promoting that you are compitent. One small example of this...on your page with your form to fill out. You have a check box asking people to check it if they do not want to receive your information or something like that. The wording you put is not proper English. That is just a small example. But have your entire site checked by someone that could edit it for you. I would recommend printing out each page and then visiting your local community college and find and English professor. I am sure one of the English professors would be happy to proof read each page for you and make the necessary corrections.

Please understand, I do not intend to sound harsh. I just wanted to give you honest feedback that I think will help you with your website.

Good luck!!
    Jeff Peterson
    Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
    702.405.9912 - Office
    866.835.9912 - Fax
    jeff@profitandlasvegas.com
    www.profitandlasvegas.com

Comment

I think the design is great, and the e book looks good too. I agree with the above that there are some grammatical errors.

Going to the local college and finding a professor or English major student is a great idea. The design looks nice though, could be tweaked a little but a great improvement on your previous version. =)
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the input and I'll follow your advice by getting my sister to check the site for grammatical error. She has a Masters in English Literature, as well as being an educator for adults with learning disbilities.

Why outsource when you can keep it in the family!

all the best

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Just to let you know I'm in the process of making some of your suggested alterations to the site's grammatical content, pending the proof reading verdict you suggested.

You'll also be interested to know that you've sparked off one heck of a debate on the nuances of the evolution of English grammatical construction, relative to formal English, open punctuation, 'journalese' and ebook construct.

Oh boy! Am I glad I had the book proof read before going public!

all the best with your site

Comment

Newbie...I'm glad I was able to help. I just thought with the content you were using for your site, you would want to know about the gramatical errors so that your site had more professionalism. I'm glad to know that you took it to heart and were not offended. I just wanted to be honest and help you with your site. Good luck!
            Jeff Peterson
            Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
            702.405.9912 - Office
            866.835.9912 - Fax
            jeff@profitandlasvegas.com
            www.profitandlasvegas.com

Comment

Sorry Richard,
              • Create Title to be the same as URL; then have current Title as subtitle.
              Start Getting Pregnant: Overcome infertility naturally
              • Resources and Download pages are different in appearance than the rest of the site.
              • All pages should be formatted like the first page w/blue sky at the top, and the white text box. (That is, by far, the nicest looking page)
              • Your text width throughout the site should never be more than 5.5 inches wide.
              • The pages have numerous language structural errors. The pages read as if they were written by an uneducated amateur. The pages needs extensive rewrite to present the professional image the customer will expect.
              • Remove all reference to yourself and rewrite in the third person (The website should appear to be an objective endorser of your book).

About page:

Title: Overcoming Infertility naturally is missing

About the author (remove superfluous information)(write in the objective third person for professional credibility)

(Practitioner is misspelled)

Richard von Hippel Micht is a certified practitioner in several disciplines, including:
              • Anatomy and Physiology (itemize from most important to lease important)
              • Remedial Massage
              • Aromatherapy
              • Reflexology
              • Reiki
              • The Bowen Technique
              • Emotional Freedom Techniques
              • Indian Head Massage
              • Hypnotherapy
              • Integrated Myofascial Release Techniques

You arrived at this site because you have not been successful becoming pregnant.
              • This entire paragraph is one sentence
              The only reason you've (you have - This topic is too personal for spoken English) arrived at this site is because you've been trying to get pregnant without success and you're finally sick and tired of spending a fortune in time and money on all the 'hype', guarantees, promises, tests, treatments, 'miracle remedies' and 'one-size-fits-all' infertility cures.

Contact page
              Reads: Getting Pregnant naturally. It should read: Overcome Infertility naturally. (Keep your titles the same)
              Sincerely,
              Tim & Sonia Platt
              Indianpolis Tour & Travel
              http://www.timothycplatt.com/index.html
              http://www.scc-asp.org/index.html
              http://www.americanso******ts.org/index.html
              http://www.so******tpartyofusa.org/index.html
              http://www.tourofindianapolis.info/index.html
              http://www.ezhoneymoon.com/index.html
              http://www.indy-travel.com/index.html
              http://www.indy-tour.info/index.html

Comment

Hi Tim and Sonia,

Have made some adjustments (About Me page depersonalised), even though similar sites and authors have used a similar format, which is often much lengthier.

Nonetheless, I am very open to all forms of advice/criticism and see any personalisation as a good opportunity for 'aclimatisation'

This is because the book tackles areas other authors have shied away from in the past.

Perhaps due to the fact that exposing certain factors behind the global infertility epidemic means going head to head with some of the biggest and most familiar corporate names on the planet.

Some of the same factors are equally applicable to explosions in global rates for obesity, certain cancers, hypothyroidism and birth and developmental defects.

Another area covered in the guide concerns what may be the most dangerous development in the modern history of the cosmetics and personal care products industries, which is probably affecting anyone who views this post.

So I am well prepared to receive some very heavyweight attacks, from some very heavyweight organisations - but I knew that when the research started unfolding and when I put my first ever attempt at a website up for review.

Any and all comments about my site and its content are gratefully received.

All the best with your work

Comment

Hi Jeff, Tim and Sonia,

Although I continue to appreciate your advice I don't think I ought to take up your suggestion that I present my site to a university professor (colleges have tutors) if the following, latest news is worth heeding!

I copied this from the net a short while ago:
                  clipped from: www.independent.co.uk

Cambridge, Harvard and Yale are among the top universities found to have embarrassing spelling mistakes on their websites.
                  Thirteen out of 20 world class university websites analysed by Australian spelling software Spellr.us were found to have miss-spellings of the word ‘university’.

A staggering 14 per cent of university web pages contain at least one genuine spelling error, the survey found, with some of the most prestigious American universities among the worst offenders:
                  Harvard spelled ‘professor’ wrong on one of its menus and Yale’s website describes the “Universtiy’s ever-expanding international strength.”
                  Despite representing one of the UK’s oldest and best educational institutions Cambridge’s website was found to have miss-spelled the word ‘service’ in one of its navigational bars.
                  The ten most commonly miss-spelled words were: Accommodation, technology, university, harassment, research, administration, financial, information, association and millennium.

Hope you appreciate the unintenional irony and are not offended in any way.

Wishing you all the best with your own work

Comment

Working...
                  X