cant receive emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant receive emails

Hi, I have been using outlook express to send and receive emails fine until today. Today I am getting this error message when it tries to receive emails

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'liz@cakeladycakes.com', Server: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

and

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Server: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

My email address seems to send emails fine though. I have not changed any setting at all.
    Any help??
    cheers,
    Liz
    Cake Lady Cakes | Cake decorator Sydney | Special occasion cakes | Birthday cakes | Wedding cakes in Sydney

Re: cant receive emails

log in to cpanel and see if you can send mail from horde. Also check that the mailbox isnt full..check spam or trash folders and make sure you arent also saving a copy on the server. delete all unneccessary mail there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I can send emails from Horde....I cannot receive email. this is the message

<tsweb@thesourceweb.com>:
      209.85.211.56 does not like recipient.
      Remote host said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
      550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
      550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
      550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 30si3121663ywh.90
      Giving up on 209.85.211.56.

Please Help!
      thanks

Comment

Are you in a different location? Sometimes when I use outlook from a different location (client's location) I get the same issue. It receives but it does not send. Usually this is the internet provider's issue. They are using a different port than the 125 standard. Check your setting to make sure your outgoing port is set to 25 and incoming to 110 (although your incoming is fine. If you are still having issues contact your internet provider. It is most likely on their end.
        Mr. Big Paw
        Somewhere in the CO mountains
        Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
        X