Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding variable shipping costs.

www.printsofcornwall.com

All my prints are the same price and using PayPal I have designed the site so that after selection of prints the NEXT button takes one through all 13 images to the SHIPPING page. Listed here are the four shipping rates. The idea is that having placed their items into the cart they click on the correct shipping price (Add to Cart button) and this then totals on the check out page. Somehow PayPal does not like this. Obviously I have done something wrong. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Michael

Re: Adding variable shipping costs.

You will need a custom cart or script to do this. Buttons alone and paypal settings wont allow for all of it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

Thank you for your response but are you saying PayPal is no good for four different shipping rates? Supposing I made each shipping rate an Item and say called it Shipping UK, Shipping Europe etc. Could that be identified separately on the Checkout page? is it a PayPal issue or a Vodahost issue?

Michael

Comment

A simple paypal cart only recieves the info the webpage form sends it. To have variable shipping rates it will have to be calculated before going to paypal. Therefore the need for the special scripting to make a form that does this.

Its not a vodahost issue and its not a paypal issue. You can do some color variation and size variation .. but for it to calculate multiple costs. .it must be done before going to the paypal server.

The only way to avoid it is to make a product for each shipping cost. IE: UK click here and include the shipping cost.. or do as you say.. they add a shipping cost as a product.. however, this is NO guarantee they will do it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen. I let purchasers have 6 items for the same shipping cost so your suggestion would be expensive to the customer. However, I am going to play around with it in the next few days and I have contacted PayPal. I will let you know if I come across a solution.

Michael

Comment

Well.. I have a solution.. or Naval does.. a simple cart can be installed and used wihtout a database.

Contact either of us for assistance.. however, you understand, it wont necessarily be free

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

We ship worldwide and I was wondering how Amazon and others handle this. Is there any way to have a chart with weights/Countries tied to the PayPal item? It seems if this could be done as a standardized option within Blue Voda software wizards it would benefit many customers. A website would choose the standarized charts from the major shippers they are going to use like UPS, FEDEX, USPS, or others and then as an item is added for Paypal a separate shipping line item with weight and country ID could retrieve the information from the chart and added on to the sale. This would really help a lot of people. Is something like this possible?

Comment

Not for free. Amazon et al pay HIGH DOLLAR for scripts etc that handle this for them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X