Videos Stop Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos Stop Short

This has been happening since the start with voda, but I thought it was a glitch. Apparently it is happening with all of our clients anytime anyone ******* a windows media file posted on a site made with voda. Can you tell me why no videos hosted by voda or created with your site maker play all the way through? They stop of their own accord randomly throughout and return to the beginning stopped.

Re: Videos Stop Short

'opens' is a cussword now?

Comment

Obviously your media files are very large. The reason they stop is the person must DOWNLOAD them.. soon as some of it goes it starts to play when the play goes faster than the download it will stop when it reaches the end of the download.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Other than cutting the length of the video, is there anything I can do to stop this? What if I convert to Flash?

Comment

Try it. They will still have to download it. Maybe dont have it play on open.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

dont agree - sorry - i have an account that has a 35 minute show that is video taped and made into a movie with wmv. it plays immediately and does not stop. can you post a link for the video you are trying to play and i will try tom see why you are having a problem. using flash helps make the file play on all computors, but you do lose some quality. on my site i have a ton of videos and do not have an issue with any videos on my site or with any of my customers that use video. In one case the stupid video starts to play before all the graphics. look at this one:
            www.paintingmyrtlebeach.com i told him to put a start button on the video but he doesnt want to.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you for your help Mr. Magoo

The video stops itself and returns to start. It has played all the way through before though I don't know why this has started. I even shortened it and it got worse.

Comment

1. I couldn't get the link to work.
                2. I create .wmv files daily and have never experienced a problem. Go to http://www.e-webvid.com/65TV_09Ragbr...ning_500k.html and see if it will play for you. If not, we have to look at your problem from another angle.

Comment

Working...
                X