addon domain and soho launch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addon domain and soho launch issue

If I add an addon domain and host it on this account will there be a problem if I use Soholaunch to use ecommerce capabilities when building the pages?

Will it interfere with my exisiting domain?

I guiess what I am trying to figure out is if I can use both BV & Soholaunch simultaniously, BV to build for the exisiting domain and Soholaunch to build for an addon domain? (both domains are hosted on one account, one of them is an addon domain)

how does it work?:)

Re: addon domain and soho launch issue

Originally posted by gueorgui
    If I add an addon domain and host it on this account will there be a problem if I use Soholaunch to use ecommerce capabilities when building the pages?

Will it interfere with my exisiting domain?

I guiess what I am trying to figure out is if I can use both BV & Soholaunch simultaniously, BV to build for the exisiting domain and Soholaunch to build for an addon domain? (both domains are hosted on one account, one of them is an addon domain)

how does it work?:)
    you can do that. I did. My main site www.navaldesign.info is built with BV, my addon domain www.costruzioninavali.com is an addon domain on my account, and i have installed soholaunch in there. Simply, first add your addon domain first, then when you go in Fantastico to install Soholaunch, choose your addon domain as the domain to install Soholaunch to. Although this morning my database server seems to be down.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navel:

Would it be possible to use soho to build a subdomain?

Comment

Don't forget to check the DNS of your subdomain. The need to correct this really delayed me 2 days this weekend.

Dana

Comment

Navaldesign:

RE:

Originally posted by navaldesign
          you can do that. I did. My main site www.navaldesign.info is built with BV, my addon domain www.costruzioninavali.com is an addon domain on my account, and i have installed soholaunch in there. Simply, first add your addon domain first, then when you go in Fantastico to install Soholaunch, choose your addon domain as the domain to install Soholaunch to. Although this morning my database server seems to be down.
          I tried going to your site by clicking the above URL ( construzioni navali)
          and got a server error page with a request to notify you of the error.
          perhaps my problem is not so unique? Could the VH servers be buggy?

Comment

Navaldesign:

Finally every thing just started working, I have no explainations only rejoice. Now that I have successfully uploaded soholaunch, can I build my own pages (not using templets) and continue my cartoon/circus motiff?

Comment

Robert-

If you want to use BV8 to customize web pages, you are essentially creating a "BV Front-End" that will link to Soholaunch (which should have been installed into a specially named Sub-Directory -- sub-folder, just as a sub-domain).

Your "Front-end" will be in your public folder as normal, and you can create pages normally. When you want to go to your planned 'shopping cart' you will then need to link to your Soho "site" which you must customize independently using the template you have selected: either one of the free templates offered by VodaHost, or one you have purchased from the resources presented.

You cannot expect to have a Soho site either look or function like your Blue Voda pages....they are totally different software programs and will not communicate: they must be linked as separate "functions" if you will.

This is why we have been cautioning you in many threads about trying to implement Soho for what appeared "overkill" for your pet registration website. Personally, I really think you would be better off finishing up your BV development to perfection, and then applying a PayPal commerce solution. I can't see where you have the number of products or the accounting requirements that would justify even using a true cart, Soho or not!
              I always strive to simplify things, and then if growth requires evolution, I accomodate accordingly. Just sharing my perspective, you know!

And, my offer stands to assist you in developing Soho. Or, find help yourself using my Soho link under my signature. The VH Forum has fewer resources since it is 3rd party.....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Eric:

Your word of encourgement are truly modavational. Thank you for your help in the past and when I'm ready for your help, I do have your email.

Thanks again

P.S. I see you're also on messenger

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                  Eric:

Your word of encourgement are truly modavational. Thank you for your help in the past and when I'm ready for your help, I do have your email.

Thanks again

P.S. I see you're also on messenger
                  Yup....if I ever sign on!!!
                  I have so many emails each day as it is (usually 600+) that trying to process them, run my businesses, and try to squeeze in my VH development until the wee hours that I often think it best to curtail my pipelines, you know? LOLOL

Anytime, Mr. Pond, as I am probably one of the few that is available most any hour......
                  LOLOLOLOL
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X