ABVFP blank error box, everything else works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP blank error box, everything else works

I installed ABVFP and the form seems to work as it should. All errors go to error page and all good one go to ty page and I get e-mail. The problem is that the box on the error page is always blank. I did forget the code and read another article where Naval said about the code. So I installed it at the start the page Html code. Saved, republished, cleared IE and still blank error box. I have the 3 contact pages in a folder, this is only temporary. When they are working 100% they will be moved and replace the existing contact pages.
    Thanks thewbnic
    Links:
    http://www.drlisahahn.com/contest/ctest.html the contact page
    http://www.drlisahahn.com/contest/ctester.php the error page

Re: ABVFP blank error box, everything else works

The ABVFP error reporting is based on sessions. Sessions are only valid within the same site. In your case, the form action is set to point to the main ABVFP installation which is in your thewbninc.com site, so sessions are not preserved and no error can be reported.

Copy the following files from the thewbninc site into the drlisahahn folder:

dbts_abvfp.php
    dbts_ABVFP_config.php
    dbts_errorpage.php

and set the form action to be simply dbts_abvfp.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I copied the files except could not find the last one so I copied two similar ones over ( I think it was a typo?)
      They were: dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php and errorpage.php
      did you mean one of them?

Now the form does not work at all and I get this error:

Warning: require(dbts_ABVFP_config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thewccom/public_html/drlisahahn.com/contest/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

Warning: require(dbts_ABVFP_config.php) [
      function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thewccom/public_html/drlisahahn.com/contest/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

If I change the action back and leave the files, the form will work but back to the original blank error box. Is this not possible across different sites?
      Then I had a brain storm and I tried to copy the dbts_abvfp.php file and put a copy in the same folder as the form was since the form action was changed just to the file and not www.thewbninc.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php . That did not work.
      I appreciate all the help. I'm trying, and thanks for your patients, I know this must be kindergarten stuff to you.
      Thanks Thewbnic

Comment

Th eerror message it self shows that you have not copied the dbts_ABVFP_config.php file.

I remind you that you need to copy this file from the ABVFP folder ON THE SITE, into the drlisahahn folder.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think its their, is this what you mean?
          http://www.drlisahahn.com/pc/config.JPG
          Thanks

Comment

I'm afraid that you are a bit confused.

The folder you are showing in your image, is theFULL ABVFP folder, although since you have two of them, i can't know which one it is.

What i suggested you to do, is copy the files FROM the ABVFP folder into the folder where the form is . The error message you posted is VERY clear: the file is missing.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X