Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly finished first ever site, need pointers

www.wmduk.com

I have nearly completed my first ever site, never done anything like this before, I would like people to have a look through and give me back some
    pointers. any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks Gary
    www.wmd.com

Re: Nearly finished first ever site, need pointers

Hi Gary,
    After a quick scan here's what I found:
    lots of side-scroll on all pages;
    both the banners move so jerkily that I feel like I don't want to stay on the page :( [trying to escape the coloured one I found it on ALL the pages....not for me, I'm afraid];
    Preowned machines is an excel document & opens as such...is that intentional?;
    Contact us & Guestbook - do you really want a guest book with all the risk of spamming that seems to go with one? If so, maybe you should separate it from the contact us;
    it seems as if Mick is the man to contact about EVERYTHING! Maybe it's not necessary to say so quite so often? :);
    ...& finally, why do you have the 3 links at the top: email/tel.#/fax when you have the contact page & the big Email button? (By the way, clicking on the fax number gets me a 404 error)
    Sorry I can't be more positive & please take the above as purely my own personal opinion as a visitor to your site - I'm no expert on website design he...he
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Ditto with above. This might help with the page layout.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello there,

I suggest making the font smaller, I have to scroll down on the navigation bar, which is probably not a good thing since they should be simple.

I suggest changing those excel documents to .pdf documents to make them more compatible with the programs people have on their computer.

Overall the design is good but I think it should be centered and tighter.
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

items size, for me its quite big.
          colors also soar my eyes. :)

I know you're still improving it. :)

Good luck!

Comment

I agree with changing the excel document, the speed of the banners could be slowed down (but that's a matter of opinion), and I personally wouldn't put Mick on a moving banner, but insert a hyperlink to the contact details.

It aint easy first time though, as I'm still finding out for myself!

Good luck with the site

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Originally posted by umbildee View Post
              colors also soar my eyes. :)

I know you're still improving it. :)

Good luck!
              Consider changing from marquee to stationary text, the marquee seems a bit jumpy

Comment

Many thanks for the input, I am in the process of changing the site and hopefully making it better.

Gary
                www.wmd.com

Comment

Working...
                X