Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing customer to edit item before adding it to cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing customer to edit item before adding it to cart?

Hi,

I run a website that sells customized jewelry. I have been requesting that customers add a note in the PayPal "comments to seller" box to let me know what size item and which style of clasp they would like. This is very confusing for the customer, and I don't feel it is very professional.

I would like to have a drop down menu of some sort/radio select for the customer to indicate what size they want and what clasp style they want directly on the website page before clicking "Add Item to Cart". I then need the PayPal description of the item to specify the customer's choices.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or suggestions as to how to make the ordering process more professional/easier?

Here is a link to one of the bracelet pages so you can get a feel for what I am talking about:

Thanks!
    Erica

Re: Allowing customer to edit item before adding it to cart?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello Ophelia! I notice a thread regarding the customing etc and you copy/pasted a button from PayPal...I don't get that....can you help...here's what I am trying to do with customers being allowed to enter custom names:

Thanks!
      Steve (cullmanhere)

Comment

If you login to your paypal account, and go to the shopping cart options in your profile you can generate a button that will allow them to CUSTOMIZE their cart. Im not sure the built in one does this as i dont use it. But try clicking all the tabs on the generator.

I use a custom cart developed by NavalDesign which allows uNLIMITED customization and a couple of checkout options. Of course setting this up will not be free but you may contact either of us for more information if you cant find what you need at paypal or in the built in button generator

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X