Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my index page be wp page?

Hello everyone,

I have my site created in BV at www.mysite.com (a fake address just for demonstration purpose). I recently installed WordPress through Fantastico with the URL www.mysite.com/blog and now I was wondering ...

if it is possible to make my WordPress homepage my default index page for the entire site. In other words, when my visitors click on www.mysite.com, I would like them to be taken automatically to my blog page. So how do I turn a blog page (located here at www.mysite.com/blog) into the default index page for the entire site?

Merci beaucoup for your help,

Herman

Re: Can my index page be wp page?

I believe you should have installed your WP in www.mysite.com and NOT in www.mysite.com/blog. I believe there is a way to replace it.
    Or go to control panel and go under REDIRECTS. In there you can set a redirect, create a redirect from www.mysite.com going to www.myste.com/blog. So when a person goes to www.mysite.com he or she will be redirected to www.mysite.com/blog, that's going to be your main page.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for clarifying these 2 options for me. It was very helpful.

Since my blog is quite new and has no visitor yet, I may have to redo the easy install process through Fantastico again and set up the blog as the index. But now another question surfaces...My only concern after setting my homepage as a blog is how to establish links between the page tabs of the blogs and my actual (older) BV site so that my visitors can get there from the blog. I understood how to create pages and posts in Wordpress, but creating links still seems a little confusing to me . I also looked at the support in WordPress.org but it seems like my issue hasn't been addressed with great details. (I'll keep researching) but if you also have some ideas/tips, I will really, really appreciate it. Thanks!

Herman

Comment

Hey Herman. I have been here trying to write how you should do it....It's way too long of an explanation. But do not delete anything yet cause that would probably your best way out. If you wanna contact me feel free to at bscal24 at yahoo.com, I would be gladly to help you cause I went through the same issues. I may have a solution for it but make sur not to delete anything.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrong View Post
          Hey Herman. I have been here trying to write how you should do it....It's way too long of an explanation. But do not delete anything yet cause that would probably your best way out. If you wanna contact me feel free to at bscal24 at yahoo.com, I would be gladly to help you cause I went through the same issues. I may have a solution for it but make sur not to delete anything.
          I haven't reinstalled WP yet. I just sent you an email to the address you've provided. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks much for trying to help. Very nice of you!

Herman

Comment

Working...
          X