ABVFP Database question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP Database question...

I have added a folder in my pub html named ABVFP and copied the files to that folder.

Next step is unclear to a rookie (me)

The ABVFP tutorial says create a database in your Cp. and create a user. What does this mean? How do I do it?

Thanks so much! I am new to ABVFP.

Thanks

Re: ABVFP Database question...

Depending on the server, the CP skin might be a little different, but it won't be hard to find your way.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

What does it mean by placing a hidden field in my form with Formid2?

What is a hidden field in a form.

I am a BV user

Comment

Each form can contain hidden fields. These are field that do NOT appear in the form and are used to pass to the processing script certain values.

To add a hidden field, souble click the form (in BV). Go down, in the Hidden fields window, click on Add, give it a name (as you would do for a normal field) and a value.

In the ABVFP case, Formid is the field name, the value should be the number you get from the ABVFP control panel.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, I feel silly....that was too easy. Never looked at that box in BV before.

Thanks Naval...Genius!

Comment

Another question Naval,

Will ABVFP work with a Sub Domain? Example, Formid3 is a form at www.store1.mydomain.com?

Do I just simply direct the ABVFP to that form? and look under php admin for Formid3?

Hal

Comment

Working...
            X