Getting second bv site to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting second bv site to work

My main site is http://drmikemiller.com (site1). Until I followed directions from Laura Duncan today, it worked well.

My second site is http://establishinganinternetpresencefortherapists.com (site2), which I intially published in soho. Never could get shopping cart to work, so after many months and probable missed sales I punted. Had already developed site on bv which I have unsuccessfully tried to publish. Just typed in web address and this is what I get.

Index of /

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at establishinganinternetpresencefortherapists.com Port 80

Laura instructed me to name file index.php. I STILL got the above Index reading for site2.

However, when I typede in site1, I now get the first page of site2! I have deleted files, republished first page of site1 as index, run ccleaner, rebooted computer, etc. NO CHANGE.

In message yesterday, I explicitly asked how you have two pages named index. I did NOT receive a response to this question. I asked in one page could be called index web or something, to differentiate.

I DID add subdomain, as directed. I deleted it and added again. No change.

Do the two sites need to be in separate folders? I was not instructed to do this. I have read many posts unsuccessfully trying to figure this out. I spend hours on this and am still stuck and the advice in my support ticket not only doesn't work, it messes up site1!!!!!

What do I do?

THANKS.

Mike

Re: Getting second bv site to work

Well half the problem is that you didnt UNINSTALL SOHO.. probably just deleted it..

Then it appears you are UPLOADING PAGES instead of publishing them.. else they would not have the bvp extension.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What makes you say I didn't uninstall? "Probably"? I DID uninstall through cpanel BEFORE your "response."

Before tonight, I have NOT uploaded anything.

I PUBLISHED through Blue Voda. Many times. I have published again tonght.

I get the same things as I was when I posted this.

I have subsequently submitted ticket about this. At 8:03 PM on 7/3/09, no one has been able to help me right whatever is the problem.

Mike Miller, PhD

Comment

If you submitted a support ticket, you must wait for their response.

Im only guessing as to causes for your issues.. because its happened NUMEROUS times.

In any case you cannot UPLOAD bv files .. they can only be published to work on the server.

also on site 1: you need to change the page properties for the index page to .php as you have a form on there. Site no.2 shows there as you published the index page for site number 2 overwriting site number one..

change the path to Public_html/secondsitename/ to publish site number 2

Site2. shows index.bvp.. this happens when the files are ftp'd usually.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X