PDA

View Full Version : Changing html pages to php

valwilson
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I have a website set up (www.ovariancystshealed.info (http://www.ovariancystshealed.info)) with all the pages as .html extensions. I want to use tracking software, but it only works with .php pages, so I need to change all the pages & links to .php.

To do this do I just change the file extension of all the pages to .php (in page properties) & republish? Do I need to unpublish all the .html pages? Presumably I have to change all the extensions on the internal links from .html to .php as well?

Any advice appreciated.

mrmagoo144
07-03-2009, 02:08 PM
yes you have to change the file extension from html to php in the page properties and then publish. i would not delete the html version yet, but when you want to do this, it should be done in the cpanel.

lugial23803
07-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I was wondering to. However, I don't see where in Page Properties that I could make that change. Mrmaago do you know how to add forum elements into a webpage, using SSI or whatever it is?

valwilson
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi, just spotted your post - to change page properties, open your page in Bluevoda, click View, Page Properties and under the General tab there is a File Extension option with a drop down list - choose either php or html.

Val

mrmagoo144
07-17-2009, 03:31 AM
not really my specialty. contact me so i can understand what you mean.