Creating Wordpress with purchased theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Wordpress with purchased theme

I bought a wordpress theme and I am trying to start another blog and host it on vodahost with a new subdomain. I am at a lost of how to do this. I watched the change theme video, but the subdomain I want to use does not contain a wp-content folder in it and even if it did, how do I access it once it is uploaded. I signed up for a new blog account on wordpress but I dont see anywhere that it lets me add custom themes. I know this isnt complicated but im just missing something here.

Re: Creating Wordpress with purchased theme

that folder should be created when you upload/install the wordpress in that subdomain...

Im not sure what you can do on their FREE HOSTING.. you seem to be crossing *****s and oranges here. If you sign up for an account there.. its on THEIR hosting not yours.. so perhaps thats where you are missing the connection?

You have to install it on YOUR OWN HOSTING.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Karen,

I uploaded the theme files to the add on domain and unzipped theme. It did not create a wp-content folder so they are just in there. Also, how to I access it? I dont know where to go from here since I think Im not suppose to register with Wordpress. So how do I log in and get started?

Comment

You cant just UNZIP it.. you need to unzip it to a specific location. Somewhere within the wordpress files is a wp-content folder.. you will need to open the folders and find it.

Then you go to to the url of your wordpress and login there or url/admin and login. Did you go thru the docs at WORDPRESS.ORG? not wordpress.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X