Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have just finished first draft and would love feedback

www.irishhorsemarkets.com

Members site for buying and selling horses, still messy but would love any feedback positive or negative.

Thanks
    Dave K
    Dave K

www.ecklandssportshorses.com

Re: Have just finished first draft and would love feedback

Originally posted by Padiwak View Post

Members site for buying and selling horses, still messy but would love any feedback positive or negative.

Thanks
    Dave K
    PS username dave and password dizzie for PW protected areas and log-in
    Dave K

Comment

Quite a list here.
      1.All your links are not working because you have an extra “/” in the links, or forward slashes.
      2.All pages are off centre & will need rebuilding. BV has to be built from the left of the screen & page properties area has to be used.
      3. Need to use the anti alias tick box with shapes to get rid of the crinkly corners on the shapes.
      4. Bit confused on the horse sales being behind closed doors. (Maybe I’m missing something) but wouldn’t of thought it would encourage visitors to the sales area.
      5. The contract of sale form would be easier as a web form on the page for ease of filling out & printing. This can then be just signed after printing.
      6. Many of the images need reducing for quicker page loading IE: http://www.irishhorsemarkets.com/eck01_0_01.jpg is at 1800kb & really most web images of this size can be kept below 100kb.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris

HAve put about a million more hours into this to try and sort the issues you kindly sorted out. The reason the ads are in a pw protected area is because it is a members only site.

How do the pages look now?
        Dave K

Comment

Hi, still seems the same at the moment?
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi - just tried to go on this site via link from Donedeal - well nothing is working - bit disappointing to be honest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Quite a list here.
              1.All your links are not working because you have an extra “/” in the links, or forward slashes.
              2.All pages are off centre & will need rebuilding. BV has to be built from the left of the screen & page properties area has to be used.
              3. Need to use the anti alias tick box with shapes to get rid of the crinkly corners on the shapes.
              4. Bit confused on the horse sales being behind closed doors. (Maybe I’m missing something) but wouldn’t of thought it would encourage visitors to the sales area.
              5. The contract of sale form would be easier as a web form on the page for ease of filling out & printing. This can then be just signed after printing.
              6. Many of the images need reducing for quicker page loading IE: http://www.irishhorsemarkets.com/eck01_0_01.jpg is at 1800kb & really most web images of this size can be kept below 100kb.

Good luck.
              Hi Chris

Confusion confusion confusion....

1) I have checked all the links from my end and they are doing what they should on my computer. can you let me know if they are working now on your end I have navigation from index as /pagename.html and in the members area I have files in protected directory so have links as /directoryname/pagename.html is this correct?

2) On my browser all pages are centered, I tried this on a few other computers and it everything looked OK. I started building pages by building a page template and then built all other pages based on the template to maintain uniformity.

3) Not sure about the Anti Alias box, what does it do. Most of the shapes I used where round rectangles and they appear fine in my browser yet you say they have crinkly edges in yours, can you have a look now and see if they are OK?

4) Classified section is in password protected area because the site is built as "members only" members have to join and then advertising is free.

5). The contract of sale form is a SAMPLE ONLY however your Idea about putting it on a form is brilliant and I will add this as a feature which can be used by members.

6) Am working on the Images, you made a very valid point about this and I am working on resolveing this issue at present.

Appreciate your feedback and look forward to your response

Dave
              Dave K

Comment

Working...
              X