Continued Publishing Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued Publishing Problems

Re: www.benefitplace.biz -- Per my previous "thread" -- when I publish the pages, having reviewed them in preview, the pages appear on the website with changed and moved navigator buttons and large overlaying text in the right hand column shapes.

I do not Cut-and Paste to the pages and I have read the tutorials. This has been going on for months. For sevral days the website actually came up correct. When I updated one page, the site became scrambled again. I have tried to republish the pages agian with no success.

Please Help!

Phil

Re: Continued Publishing Problems

Hi,

Delete and redo all your shapes

Bring your texts to front and slide the new shapes under the text.

Question: Why are all those large letters embedded in all your shapes???
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

It is because you are RESIZING those buttons with the handles instead of loading them into a pic editor.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The problem is created when you create your webpages one from another, using the Save As command. Copying and Pasting instead would have worked just fine.

When you create a page with navigation buttons and shapes, BV assigns to each one, a certain image name (in example, bv01254.gif)

Now if you create another page using the Save As command, these shapes and buttons maintain the same name.

Let's suppose now that you change some of them (by stretching or changing color or other), and then you publish this new page. When you publish, BV will upload on the server these shapes buttons etc. with the same name. However, the corresponding images that are uploaded are now changed! So they are just fine for the last published page, but they are not ok anymore for the previous page.

Solution: For the problematic pages, select and CUT the altered shapes / buttons, Paste them back using the Paste icon in the toolbar (this way they are pasted back in the same position) Save and Republish.

I repeat: copy and Paste is just fine, Save As is not.

If you want to create a page starting from another, Save it As Template,
        and then File, New, from Template.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the input - BUT!

I created each page inividually and, for a while, they did publish correctly. Then once again the navigation buttons shifted and were renamed. In addition, large text appeared inside the shapes on the right hand side overlaying the intended text. Both problems do not occur in the preview! What do I do for both?

Per your suggestions, can I correct the currently published navigation bars that are correct in the preview screen but different in the published website. Do I cut and paste each again and then republish?

Thanks for your help!

Phil

Comment

It doesn't occur in the preview because images are locally created at the moment of preview. When you publish the page that you publish last will appear ok, it will affect pages published previously.

The same issue described may happen if you use two separate computers (as each one names images separately so some images with the same name might correspond to different images actually)

Yes, cutting and pasting will work, BUT you need to do this for all problematic pages and from the same computer.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Again

I'm trying to resolve this problem as efficiently as possible given the number of pages and navigation button - that ae the same on each page. To correct the navigation buttons can I cut and paste from one correct web page to another that is incorrect. If not, is there another solution or do I need to start over. If I need to start over, how do I correctly save and publish the corrected pages?

If I must start over how do I avoid the same problem. Equally, how do I edit and upgrade pages without the recreating the problem? Do I merely edit, save, and then publish the updated page?

Because the sight and the pages are evolutionary, I will need to be editing and updating on a regular basis. Obviously, I do not want to face the same problem again!

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

If you read my posts above, you will see that if you work from one computer only, you can also cut and paste from the same page too.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I think little gremlins are at work in BV Website Builder. I was editing some other pages and publishing individually... then I looked at my home page and my logo/image is now missing. I wasnt editing that page - what gives?

I cut it on my edit screen then pasted it back, then published it again... it is still missing. I closed all my browsers and opened a fresh one, I tried hitting f5 many times - that didn't help either. This is sooooooooooooooooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!!! Why does BV do these things?

My domain is ksdmarketingconsultants.com

Comment

Karen (you should start your own thread next time):

The image that appears correctly is KSD-Logo-Complete-Grey.jpg

The page(s) where the image doesn't appear is trying to load KSD-Logo-Complete-Grey.png

After removing your logo from your page, use the Image tool to reinsert the .jpg version.

PS: In my opinion, capital letters and hyphens aren't reliable in a file name.
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
                    X