This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop ups yet again

I want to click on a thumbnail and then open a pop up window. However, the pop up window will have additional elements included that will be different that the thumbnail. (link to store, etc.)
    Could I just link to another page that has the one image with the additional info?
    If so can it be a pop up style that will not require the user to click the "back" button, just simply close the pop up and you are still at the same point in the original web page?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Re: pop ups yet again

Originally posted by CarbonTerry
    I want to click on a thumbnail and then open a pop up window. However, the pop up window will have additional elements included that will be different that the thumbnail. (link to store, etc.)
    Could I just link to another page that has the one image with the additional info?
    If so can it be a pop up style that will not require the user to click the "back" button, just simply close the pop up and you are still at the same point in the original web page?
    If you want simply a new page to open, leaving the original one open, use the "_blank" version in your links. If instead you want a popup without address bar and so on, you need to use a script: google it with search term" popup"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Maybe this will be of help to you: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...ighlight=popup Go to that site and get the code and instructions
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

by inserting a simple script, I think you can do that, try this:
        • insert image in your page as usual
        • right click your mouse on the image area and go to image html properties
        • insert this simple script at before tag of image html properties
          Code:
          [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]<A href="#" onClick="window.open('http://[COLOR=magenta]www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.html[/COLOR][COLOR=black]'[/COLOR][COLOR=black],[/COLOR] '','width=[COLOR=magenta]300[/COLOR],height=[COLOR=magenta]220[/COLOR]'); return false;">[/SIZE]
          [/SIZE]
        • change the page name and the size according your need
        • www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.html is your popup page
        • that's all
        then when you click the image, www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.html will be opened in popup window.
        Nyoman

Comment

Thanks Nyoman for the script. I have filed that where I can access it easily.
          navaldesign,
          Thank you. That's what I was looking for. A page to open leaving the original open also. I don't mind if there is an address bar.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Now that I have applied it I can see that I will want to go the script route. The header on the new window is too distracting/confusing.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

The script is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Now I know how to solve the problem 2 ways!!
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

sorry for late reply as you know Bali time is many hours different with your time.
                happy to know that you can figure it out.that script is exactly the same script as the one on bluevoda thumbnail gallery, the only difference is when you click the image you will open another page insteade the image itself (larger)
                Nyoman

Comment

Thanks again, it will be exactly what I want.
                  Do you have any experience with OsCommerce?
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

I have a standalone media player that I would like to po-up when someone clicks on the album pic. I've tried your suggestion, & the other (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...ighlight=popup), but nothing works. The HTML page for the media player is showing up, but it's still taking over the original page. Can someone solve this problem?
                    Blue Voda knows this should've been one of the first add-ons to be included. Luv ya', but it's time to step the game up again.
                    Gary C. Felton Jr. / Got Beats CEO

Comment

Amazing code, thanks. I was wondering if there was a way to give people the option to close that same pop-up window after they read what was on it.

Thanks again
                      sigpic

http://www.montrealinterdit.com
                      http://www.quick-tutorials.com
                      http://www.vipboudoir.com
                      http://www.gabrielle4u.com
                      http://www.connexionpilates.com
                      http://www.messageriecourrierexpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by gotbeatsceo
                        I have a standalone media player that I would like to po-up when someone clicks on the album pic. I've tried your suggestion, & the other (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...ighlight=popup), but nothing works. The HTML page for the media player is showing up, but it's still taking over the original page. Can someone solve this problem?
                        Blue Voda knows this should've been one of the first add-ons to be included. Luv ya', but it's time to step the game up again.
                        The popup code surely works, it has been tested thiusands of times. But of course, you have to create the page to popup correctly. If you have a standalone media player as you say, insert it in the page to popup and it should work. If it opens in the top window, it's a problem of the media player code, not of the popup.
                        Last edited by navaldesign; 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by jenveux1
                          Amazing code, thanks. I was wondering if there was a way to give people the option to close that same pop-up window after they read what was on it.

Thanks again
                          Apart the red X on the upper right hand corner, which will close the window, you can insert a button: go in Insert>Form>Advanced Button> make it on click and select as action to perform: Close the current browser window. Customize the button as to shape, colour, text etc. to meet your requirements
                          Navaldesign

Comment

You guys are great! In the interest of NOT asking the same question that's been asked before, I dig a little searching . . . and found exactly the answer I was looking for.

Thank you, NavalDesign!

Sandy
                            www.creationspraise.com
                            www.secretsoforganizedpeople.com
                            www.huntresscustom.com

The one who dies with the most toys wins . . . . . . . . nothing! (Matthew 16:26)

Comment

You are welcome!
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X