Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem on linking all my pages together

Hello to all,
    I am having a problem with my website, www.witmassage.com, with the first four pages (index, menu, about us, services) it show nicely in the internet. But when clicking the holistic therapy and the rest, I got a 404 error. I am new to computer world let alone doing a website, can anyone help me. The other issue too is how do I link my contact us and request appointment form pages (html or php)? And when they hit the send button where do I look into? I have 15 pages for my website and only four showing and so far here is what I did:

When I save and republish the index here what I did;

Do I need to publish and save & republish each webpages?

I name all my pages in small letter and link to .html and no space. Watch tutorial and even read all the forum and to no avail, still frustrated, hope anyone can help me. I keep on going to my cpanel just delete my previous publish site. Thank in advance to anyone who help me.

Re: Problem on linking all my pages together

i had a major problem with this to when i first started.

when publishing pages with a form, the page properties should be set to php instead of html. then when you link to that page the link should read www.witmassage.com/thatpage.php

double check your links
    whatever you save your pages as in BV will be that pages address
    ie: if you saved a page as football, then your link will read www.witmassage.com/football.html

hope this helps

Comment

the form will send any information to the address that is in the forms properties.
      double check your forms properties. if your address is not in the mailto field you will need to correct this.

Comment

any time you make changes to your pages in BV that you want showing on your site you should publish that page.

sorry it took me three times to post to answer your questions

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I will do that and when I am in the rot again I will post another question.

Comment

all pages with forms on em needs to be php :)
            www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Hello to everyone,
              So far I am doing good in linking all the pages with forms and thank you skoobw and faeini for the input. Now I am having problem with the sub-menu, it wont show on the web, I publish it and yet nothing shows. Can anyone help me with this problem and if some one can check my website, www.witmassage.com, and tell me what did I do wrong on the sub-menu. Thank you so much in advance for anyone who will help me.

Comment

I don't see any menu in index page

Comment

its an enter type page :) as for sub menu , where should it be? i see the big menu in the middle.
                  www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Since I am having problem publishing with a sub menu I decided to make it a simple horizontal menu and just make go to pages as they click. Right now I am updating the web pages and hopefully it will work with no problem. You are right Faeini, the first web is an enter page. And I decide to put enter too on the picture so viewers could know. Give me an input regarding the site, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

Comment

Why some of my pages won't Link?

Can anyone help me with linking. I manage to publish the web pages it is almost done except with four pages that I can't seems to find out what is wrong. I took out sub menu and put all those four pages in the menu bar. But still to no success, can anyone check my website, www.witmassage.com, and let me know where did I go wrong. Check all the pages, the typing of names, lower case and no space and yet to no success. Help pls.

Comment

What are the links to the subpages?

Under services.

Your massage photo does not link to the larger image.
                        I suggest you try using the Lightbox individually for each photo.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Ok, first things first. Think of yourself as a writer writing a book. Once you publish it, any changes you make will have to be re-published.

For beginners, all pages will always be published as html unless you have a form in it.
                          Try not to mix different issues in one thread, it gets confusing as the thread becomes larger

What do you mean by sub menu? (go menu, text menu, tab menu, etc)

The menu you have with pics; if you use the pics as links do it the same with all pics. Also, you should link the pic to the same page as the text link below the pic.

On your services page (and all other pages) the entire green square background seems to be a link back to the same page.

I would try using the same style menu on all pages. To reduce the number of links, why not place less important links (about us, contact us, FAQ, Helpful hints, etc.) in the
                          bottom of the page.

Most of your pages are posting ok. The only thing I can recommend is open FTP Manager and check the links one for one and make sure that the files are published with the correct names in the correct location.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                          Aguycanbeachhostel
                          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
                          X