Changing file upload to publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing file upload to publish

How do I go about changing where my page is that I'm uploading while publishing?

I have just put my website onto an external storage device so I can work on my site with any computer, but when I go to publish the page, it uploads from my c drive on my main computer. How can I change that to my J drive where my BVfiles are?

Sure appreciate any and all help!!

dlholl

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Re: Changing file upload to publish

Tools menu ==> Options ==> Folder

change the document & back up to the location where your files are.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Hey Travlinman! thanks for helping; but what I need to change is the uploading part AFTER pushing the publish button

Publish button is pushed
      small window shows up and says Publishing....
      uploading:c:documents.........

then next little window pops up and Published successfully!

I can't change the uploading part to j:

Sure appreciate your help - I know it's probably something really simple and I'm just overlooking it. But I've never had this problem of broken published pages before and I've been doing this since 2005.

Comment

Aha! You most probably moved your files from one location to another. I had something similar happen recently when I installed a new hard drive and restore all of my files to it. The other day I moved all of my files and incurred something similar. Anyway I had to reconnect all the broken links manually; this is the only way.

Since I learned the hard way with most pages I can not be 100% sure, but I believe that if you save your open file in BV to it's new location... Save As...select new location...save! I believe this also creates a copy of the image in this new location. Again, you have to play with it I am not sure. All else fails, if your pics in the old location are in a seperate folder you can copy it to the new location.

Let me and the rest of us know if this worked.

As for the uploading part from j:
        did you initially open the file, you published, from j: or from its original location c

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
        X