contact form with options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact form with options

I have not had the time to check out ABVFP.
    I would like to add a simple form to our contact page where the user has the option of selecting the recipient from a list; is this possible and how?
    I have checked the form actions but understand nothing.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: contact form with options

add a combo box into your form area and enter into it the email addresses
    robobobo
    Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
    Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
    www.visionlandscapes.ie
    [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes, I know that much. I guess I worded my question badly.

How do I get the form to process so that it would send the form content to the user selected email address_

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Ok, I saw somebody else ask this recently but I can not seem to find the post again.
        Just in case, I'm going 2 reword my question.

I want 2 have a contact page from where the user can send an email without actually opening an email program. The page would contain:
        1. a edit box; 4 the users email address
        2. a drop down box where the user can select the recipients email address; so that the form gets sent 2 this address and
        3. a text box 4 a short message.

Is this possible; that the user can select where the form content is sent 2?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Well yes thats possible. but... you are opening yourself up for a nice account shut down first time a bot hacks your email account and sends out 500000 emails off your server.

That email a friend thing is similar and its very dangerous to run without also adding several security measures.. captcha being just a minor one.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,
            Not sure what u mean; how that would have anything to do with my email account?
            If & when u have time 2 expand on this....this is not a pressing issue as my menue problem. Just an extra that I thought might be an interesting touch 2 our community website of retirees.

We have a residential community 4 our apartment owners (not yet password protected). the idea was that they (owners) could send a quick message 2 the administrator, president & vice-president by selecting 1 of the 3 from the drop-down box.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

If you use some sort of form.. its using YOUR EMAIL. If a spam bot hijacks it, which is more likely going to happen when you set a form for a user to EMAIL, you can get your account closed. Youd have to take some sort of steps to HIDE it in a password protected page/folder, as well as captcha, etc.. but even then bots can go around lots of things.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I suppose that you mean that you want the user to be able to send emails to various departments within your company.
                At the moment this is not possible with ABVFP or with the built in form processor.

The ABVFP can be easily modified to do this, with just one line of code in the right place.

Contact me so i can provide you with a modified version of the file.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                  If you use some sort of form.. its using YOUR EMAIL. If a spam bot hijacks it, which is more likely going to happen when you set a form for a user to EMAIL, you can get your account closed. Youd have to take some sort of steps to HIDE it in a password protected page/folder, as well as captcha, etc.. but even then bots can go around lots of things.

Karen
                  What about the reservations form that I have on the site; is it also susceptible 2 the same attacks?

I have tried 2 implement captcha, but it does not seem 2 work yet or I need 2 modify something....so I have been waiting until BV11 is complete and instructions available ( I still have bugs with more priority)

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                  Aguycanbeachhostel
                  Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                    I suppose that you mean that you want the user to be able to send emails to various departments within your company.
                    At the moment this is not possible with ABVFP or with the built in form processor.

The ABVFP can be easily modified to do this, with just one line of code in the right place.

Contact me so i can provide you with a modified version of the file.
                    Hi George,

Correct!
                    Will contact u as soon as I have checked out ABVFP so I have an idea what u r talking about when u tell me.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
                      I did try to recreate "errorpage" for 'Advanced Blue Voda Form Processor' so it looks like my site pages. Page did show but no specific errors display inside the box, I would like to use file in zip of ABVFP.v2 but
                      I am using bv-11 not bv-10.2 and I can't open errorpage.bvp from zip file. (I could only use publisched erropage saved in html and imported in VodaHost program) I don't know how to ceate that box forr errors it must have some script??
                      I copy in directory file I created http://www.modelszoo.com/ABVFP and renamed file http://www.modelszoo.com/ABVFP/errorpage_my.php ,you can look what I did. Can you send me file created in vb-11 (errorpage.bvp) I can use or how I can created that box which should be with pasted in “<?php echo $error; ?> ” I put back error page created by DBTechnosystems for now(created by you). I am building site now and will need to be able change it (updated). Please help me. vb-11 have some good staff but lot of bugs.
                      Please help
                      Thank you Eva

Comment

Working...
                      X