Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam in Guestbook entries

Hi,

I have a BV Guestbook on our ministry site at http://www.lightthefireministries.org.za/testgbook.php, but have a problem with spam entries. Though I remove them through the admin link, I have to constantly do this. Is there a way in BV to have an option whereby the entries first have to be approved by the administrator instead of posting it directly upon entry. I saw such a Guestbook option with Bravenet.

Anybody out there?
    Bless you!
    Stephanus
    Light The Fire Ministries

Re: Spam in Guestbook entries

I don't know about a approvel but you can Block the Ip IS THIS OKAY

Comment

The Admin approval as well as the email authentication will probably be embedded in the next BV update, however there is no scheduled data yet.

I have made that on my own, for testing purposes but it is hard for a non knowledgable.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

so naval What I have same problem what do we do just delete and block Ips in the mean time or what.

Comment

Hi Naval,

Ty me? Maybe I can manage it.
          Bless you!
          Stephanus

Comment

As i said, i created that my self. Have a look here . However, this is entirely hanscoded, it has nothing to do anymore with BV's guestbbok, though i created the script starting from the Original BV guestbook.

Demo link: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/guestbook/

Administrator login : adminpass so you can enter the Admin area and see the additional features.

The script has 3 way to approve posts: Amin, after Email verification (the user receives a mail with a verification link so he clicks and the post is approved) or Auto (as it is now)

Please note that i have also added other features (Hide My email, include the message in the notification email, ban email address, Domain name Lookup).
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I have had a look at the guestbook you customized and this works for me. How do I do this?
              Bless you!
              Stephanus

Comment

The problem is really getting out of hand. I now have to check my site daily.

I have downloadeded BlueVoda Ver 11 and installed it. How do I use the Admin approval and e-mail authentication function to solve the problem with spam entries in my Guestbook?
                Bless you!
                Stephanus

Comment

BV 11 is still in BETA so it doesn't yet have the new guestbook.

If you wish you may contact me, I will provide you with a file to replace the basic php file, that you can use to get the new features.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Sorry I missed your message. I would truly appreciate it should you send me the file to get the new features. The problem has really grown.
                    Bless you!
                    Stephanus

Comment

Since you have no control over a manually uploaded file visual settings, i need to see your guestbook so i can customize it (visually) before i deliver it to you.
                      I also need to know some more info

Please contact me through my site contact form so i can then mail you details.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,

I've put in place the admin link. How do I block IP's?

Thanks,

Alan

Comment

You can't , the BV guestbook doesn't have this feature.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Alan

You can block the IP user from accessing your website via the C-Panel. Just log into your gustbook via the admin login and you will see two links below the guestbook post. Click on the [who is] link and determine the users IP address. Record this IP address delete the post by clicking on [delete], log out of your Guestbook and log into your C-Panel. Click on the IP Deny Manager function and following the instructions.
                            Bless you!
                            Stephanus

Comment

Working...
                            X