Changing WordPress Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing WordPress Theme

I looked around and found several replies to general questions regarding changing my theme for WordPress in BV, but none that really answered my questions. I always must apologize for being such a novice when it comes to these things, but they are short lived... I finally figure things out and am on my merry way. But, I digress. I have tried to "add" a new theme for WordPress, both by downloading and saving, exporting using winzip and also directly from the Admin login, but when I open up my blueftp I cannot find a folder with a name wp_theme or anthing similar. The closest I can find is a folder called wordpress but there is nothing in it. Everything downloaded correctly from fantastico and when I login to Admin I can click on "visit site" and it shows the basic "Kubrick" blog theme alright. So it appears everthing loaded okay. Here is the link: http://comic-art-ink.com/inkspotblog/

I need some major help, please.
    Thanks for listening. Your guidance is appreciated.

Joe

Re: Changing WordPress Theme

First download the theme you want.
    Then you need to extract it form the zip file format it usually comes in. Once you have done that you will have a folder that has another folder in it with the new theme.
    So it will go new-theme.zip extracted to a folder called "new-theme" and inside that folder will be another folder called "new-theme."

It is that folder at the bottom of the heap that you need to upload.

When you upload look for the "wp-content" folder then open that and you will see a "themes" folder. Put it in there and log out.

Then go to your Wordpress login (not CP through Vodahost) and login. You will be at the dashboard.
    Under the "Appearance" tab on the left hand side click themes and the new theme should be there.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

I'm still confused. Where do I "upload"? In cpanel or via Blueftp? In cpanel x and in Blue ftp there is no folder titled wp_content, I can't find it?!? I must be looking in the wrong place, can you direct me?

Otherwise, in WordPress Admin, when you click directly to upload the theme but it asks for "Hostname", which is that exactly? I have my username and my password, but which is the "hostname"?

Again, thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Comic-Art-Ink View Post
        I'm still confused. Where do I "upload"? In cpanel or via Blueftp? In cpanel x and in Blue ftp there is no folder titled wp_content, I can't find it?!? I must be looking in the wrong place, can you direct me?

Otherwise, in WordPress Admin, when you click directly to upload the theme but it asks for "Hostname", which is that exactly? I have my username and my password, but which is the "hostname"?

Again, thanks for your help.
        I figured out the hostname, but when I attempted to uplaod directly from WordPress I got the error "Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content)", so it's not just me! Can I create this file myself? Why wasn't this created when WorPress was installed?

Comment

Working...
        X