Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong web page launching

RE: wwww.threadhut.com

About a week ago my website changed up on me. Not sure what happened here, but the home/index page is an older version and all the links are broken. I don't even have this webpage on my hard-drive anymore. One day my site was fine, the next this problem. I have repeatedly tried to upload the correct home page but get an error msg (see below). I've submitted no less then 3 support tickets and various other emails trying to get help from Voda Support. Will not go into all that right now (not happy with them). But thought maybe someone here could cast some light on what's going on. I have done nothing to my webpages that would cause this issue. All my links are correct. Am at the end of my rope here and if can't resolve this issue, will start looking for another host.

Error Message:

Internet execption error 12003
    Details:
    An internal error has occurred
    200 TYPE is now 8-binary
    227 entering passive mode (67,228,244,194,16,21)
    553 can't open the file: PERMISSION DENIED

Re: wrong web page launching

You have 2 different index pages on your server.
    index.html
    index.php
    Which one is correct?
    Possibly you are linking from the old/incorrect link?
    Delete the wrong one from the public_html folder or the addon domain folder.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

For others who may have the incorrect link, create a custom 404 page to help them find your site.
      Do a search for custom 404 on the forums as this has been discussed previously.
      Here's one of my custom 404 pages.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Thank you so much CT - you are the MAN. I should have come to the forum first. I still don't how this happened - one day it was fine, the next it was boogered; but , hey, it's fixed now. I rarely open c-panel file manager and now I remember why. Wish there was an easy way to delete everything in it and start from scratch. I have a lot of stuff in there from when I was learning. And since I'm still learning, stuff continues to head in that direction. Thanks again.

Elsie

Comment

You can enter your public_html files thru the Tools/FTP option in the BV website builder and delete files from there. That's much easier than going thru the CPanel.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Working...
          X