This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell a friend button

1.) after i download the tell a friends buttons?

2.) do i have to upload them like if they where templates?

3.) and how do i connect them to the email,? so that my visiters can send it to their friend (my web page/site etc. )?

Re: tell a friend button

The tell a friend button is like an image and can put on your page like an image,
    to make tell a friend work you will need to make two pages one saved in html. and one saved in php.
    this require's two scripts one for the first and one for the other.
    there used to be a thread around here somewhere, if you can't find it get back to me, and i'll send you it.
    hope this helps, (sounds more Complicated than it is )

Comment

Is there a tutorial somewhere on this? I'm wondering about the same thing, how to use the "Tell a friend" button. Thanks for any help!
      Sincerely,
      Farmboyzim
      www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com

Comment

Originally posted by farmboyzim
        Is there a tutorial somewhere on this? I'm wondering about the same thing, how to use the "Tell a friend" button. Thanks for any help!
        Please visit the Tips & Tricks section of the forum, in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...nd-script.html

You can find a complete Tell A Friend script and instructions.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the tip NavalDesign!
          Sincerely,
          Farmboyzim
          www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com

Comment

I would like the information on how to make the tell a friend button on my site active. I have not added it yet, but I would like to.

Thanks
            Yvonne
            Ameriplan USA | Discount Dental Plans | Ameriplan Dental Care

Comment

Here is a quick and simple "Tell a Friend" Java Script and form in one.....

Just copy everything below and paste it into an html box in whichever page you wish. (just move the box to where you want it)

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
              <!-- Begin

//Script by Tr&#229;nn: http://come.to/tronds
              //Submitted to JavaScript Kit (http://javascriptkit.com)
              //Visit http://javascriptkit.com for this script

var initialsubj="Hay buddy, take a look at this"
              var initialmsg="Hi:\n You may want to check out this site: "+window.location
              var good;
              function checkEmailAddress(field) {

var goodEmail = field.value.match(/\b(^(\S+@).+((\.com)|(\.net)|(\.edu)|(\.mil)|(\.go v)|(\.org)|(\.info)|(\.sex)|(\.biz)|(\.aero)|(\.co op)|(\.museum)|(\.name)|(\.pro)|(\..{2,2}))$)\b/gi);
              if (goodEmail) {
              good = true;
              }
              else {
              alert('Please enter a valid address.');
              field.focus();
              field.select();
              good = false;
              }
              }
              u = window.location;
              function mailThisUrl() {
              good = false
              checkEmailAddress(document.eMailer.email);
              if (good) {

//window.location = "mailto:"+document.eMailer.email.value+"?subject=" +initialsubj+"&body="+document.title+" "+u;
              window.location = "mailto:"+document.eMailer.email.value+"?subject=" +initialsubj+"&body="+initialmsg
              }
              }
              // End -->
              </script>

<form name="eMailer">
              Tell a friend:
              <input type="text" name="email" size="26" value=" Enter Address Here" onFocus="this.value=''" onMouseOver="window.status='Enter email address here and tell a friend about this site...'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true">
              <br>
              <input type="button" value="Send this URL" onMouseOver="window.status='Click to send an email (with this page address) to a friend! Enter email address above...'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status='';return true" onClick="mailThisUrl();">
              </form>
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by yhopson
                I would like the information on how to make the tell a friend button on my site active. I have not added it yet, but I would like to.

Thanks
                Have a look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...nd-script.html

Read the thread, and dwnload the zip. Full instructions in that thread.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you
                  I appreciate your help
                  Yvonne

Comment

You are very welcome.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I downloaded the zip file (On Tell A Friend). Buttons are downloaded as with "No Images found". Still I tried copying them both on the 'Front End' and as well the html. Both showed the same result "No images found".

It appears the images are inherited from the BV Image Folder. But the downloaded buttons are not there also.

Finally I wrote a line Please refer this website to a Friend, masked it with a transparent BV Shape, hyperlinking to the given code.

On upload, everything works fine. But my test messages do not reach the test destination or test sender email boxes.

Where could I have erred. My website is www.raajayogam.com and the link is provided on the Home Page middle.

Thanks
                      Krishnaganth
                      http://www.raajayogam.com
                      Krishnaganth Iyer
                      Raajayogam Astrologer
                      http://www.raajayogam.com/

Comment

I used your TAF form and it worked fine... i checked my email, and there it was!
                        Perhaps your email just took a while to show up, or ended up in spam mail, or if you used your webmail, perhaps it got sent to a default webmail account.
                        Best Regards,
                        Alex
                        Surveillance Systems
                        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Navaldesign

Maybe I missed it. I read the thread at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...nd-script.html
                          like you told me to but you also said download the zip file and for some reason I just can't seem to find a zip file to download.
                          Please advise

Thanks
                          Yvonne

Comment

You have to follow the link to Naval's page. Click here
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you for prompting. Actually, until 8 hours back (it is midnight in India) no mail turned out. As you have said - I decided to wait.

I find all the TAF messages in the mail box. The delay is surprising. Thank you very much.

Krishnaganth

Originally posted by aconstas1
                              I used your TAF form and it worked fine... i checked my email, and there it was!
                              Perhaps your email just took a while to show up, or ended up in spam mail, or if you used your webmail, perhaps it got sent to a default webmail account.
                              Krishnaganth Iyer
                              Raajayogam Astrologer
                              http://www.raajayogam.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X