Different browsers ruin my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different browsers ruin my site

My site looks perfect in Firefox and Safari, but if viewed through Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator the site looks terrible.

I have rollover images for my menubar which, again, look perfect in Firefox and Safari, but are blurry and blocking in the other two.

I also have it set up so my menu header, and site for that matter, stretch to fit the the browser window size you are using. In Firefox and Safari it stretches across the entire screen, however, in Explorer and Navigator it only goes halfway across the screen.

Someone suggested to me using a Browser-test-script and making different sites for each browser. Im familiar enough with web code to manipulate whatever is there, (which is how I got my page to match window sizes) but not good enough to write it myself. Is there anything I could do?

my site is www.greenspeedmagazine.com/forum its under construction now, but will be done soon. If you view it, please try viewing it in both Explorer and Firefox so you can see the clear difference.

any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Different browsers ruin my site

Nevermind, got it. Just had to put

display: block;

in the code before the height and width dimensions

Comment

How did you get the code in there? Are you using BV Web builder?

Comment

I see you are using BV, but I cant seem to get the display: block; into place as it is in your page.

Your page changes nicely with different screen resolutions, I would like mine to do the same.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer

Clay

Comment

Working...
        X