Need Advice on FTP Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on FTP Folder

Is it possible to organize the different file types in the ftp folder. Example, the php files in one folder the images in another folder etc. It seems that I have alot of files in the main folder and I would like for them to be in an organized manner as my site starts to get bigger and come together. If I can put these files in folders do I need to make sure the file path points to the specific folder or can i just leave everything as is? Hope someone can help. www.heatmeeting.com

Re: Need Advice on FTP Folder

If you move files to another folder you will have to link them to that folder.
    As far as images and shapes go...try this......
    Tools/Options/Publish and check the box for: "Use page name for image prefix".
    This one little addition in your BV Website Builder can save a lot of headaches in the future.
    By doing so when looking at your server all image/shape files for your index page will have the prefix of " index " (no quotes).
    This will do a pretty good job of having files organized.
    If need be you could delete all published files and republish using this option.
    When I discovered this option I deleted all files and republished. It only took about an hour but now it is very easy to locate a file.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Re: Need Advice on FTP Folder

Thanks CarbonTerry, this is exactly what I was interested in. Once I get up and running then I am going to try and clean up my ftp folder since there are many files that i am not even using. Great help. Thanks www.heatmeeting.com

Comment

Working...
      X