Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site some help please

Good day.. new site

I have been working on the site for more than 10 days and have questions that will no doubt infringe on different forum/s - please forgive me if I do.

1. In the browser - I cannot seem to find the URL. Only an index file appears and one of the linked pages. I refresh the computer regularly. I have deleted files in the server and uploaded a number of times.
    2. The index file is centered. None of the other files are. Please note that I have only linked two files, trainingyogateachers.com/bio.html and ..../philos.html. None of the others will work as I have stripped the site to try de-bug it!
    In the "View/page properties/general/center in browser" option - I have checked it to enable it. This doesn't seem to be the answer?
    3. Also - in the same option (cross threading here..?) the page length - if you scroll down the page after publishing - the backgroung color is clear for the first part then changes to the background colour. I had to make the page length longer in order to edit the bottom of the page. Is this the correct method?

There is more ... and I will post in appropriate forum .. I thank you all for your great support. Its awesome.

Mike

Re: new site some help please

Hi
    You said you have stripped the site to try de-bug it! That is just fine.

I suggest you start working with index file, debug and then move on to other files one by one - one link at a time.

For the color on both working file, what if you changed the height to a larger number.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Hi Shafi
      Exactly what I am doing.. :) I have changed the height to a larger number and worked on the file, then changed it back to 600 before publishing. I'll give it a whirl today.
      This is a learning curve. I am very happy with the system just frustrated so I thank you for your support!

Mike

Comment

You don't seemed to have published your index page as yet?
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris
          I am working on the index page etc and delete it before I publish again. Might be that it was not published when you went in. Many thanks for the reply..
          The images I used for the index page and other .html pages were jpgs made for me by 3 party. It seems they sent the whole page (800 by 600) as a file - which might explain the page length problem. They will be resent with just the "outline" and I'll try it. Thanks again. Mike

Comment

Just for info: The jpg file was the problem. I put the header jpg file seperate from the side bar file and grouped them together on the same page. Works fine now.

Comment

you have this thing open in two places.

I just posted in your second place;

It's hard to go back and forth.
              Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Sorry Shafi, It's certainly not my intention... newbie.. If you will - please advise how to close one?
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikemonika View Post
                  Hi Chris
                  I am working on the index page etc and delete it before I publish again. Might be that it was not published when you went in. Many thanks for the reply..
                  The images I used for the index page and other .html pages were jpgs made for me by 3 party. It seems they sent the whole page (800 by 600) as a file - which might explain the page length problem. They will be resent with just the "outline" and I'll try it. Thanks again. Mike
                  Your page will be very much off centre for many visitors as your not building the site from the left of your screen.
                  You have your home page main background image at 864px wide & your page width set at 1000px wide. You have then placed the image 124px in from the left hand side of your screen & its giving you a false impression that the page is centered.
                  To correct this, you need to push every thing to the left of your BV page & set the page width to 864. Most page would need a similar fix.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X