PDA

View Full Version : any body know a hosting provider that will allow......

leescatnet
07-28-2009, 12:55 AM
anyone know a hosting provider that will allow a me to put the following in my site: live chat, livestreaming/broadcasting, people to create accounts and login and cast, and to add freinds of other users,

anybody who may know a good hosting provider please point it to me.

oh and Comments too.

Karen Mac
07-28-2009, 01:04 AM
You can get an account from vodahost to do this. You would be using an entire server and dedicated account. Put in a support ticket for details

Karen

leescatnet
07-28-2009, 01:10 AM
thanks karen I jsut got ask you this If I do get that account can i USE BLUEVODA TO build it? if so Do I just put in a support ticket and it tells me everything and. can I have the link to order the server???????

Tom Finley
07-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Yes, you can use BV. You will need additional software for chat, etc.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/web-hosting-pre-sales/40599-dedicated-servers.html

leescatnet
07-28-2009, 01:25 AM
like which software tom?

Tom Finley
07-28-2009, 01:35 AM
I mean you can use BV to do what BV does (if you haven't tried it, it's a free download) but it doesn't do podcasts or anything like that. You'd need to google for the various things you want to do and see what's available. It's a big bite to do all you want to accomplish, both in cash and learning curve. But that's not to scare you off--if you can do it, go for it!

Anyway, BV makes the basic structure of your page(s) and then you can add all the other things to your pages.

The first thing to note is that chat rooms and podcasts are against the basic web hosting package terms of service; that's why you need the more expensive dedicated server package.

leescatnet
07-28-2009, 01:39 AM
thanks tom god bless you

Tom Finley
07-28-2009, 01:51 AM
You too! :)

BennBenn
10-27-2009, 05:08 AM
I got couple friends that we play music over the web, but i have to have my server or host to do it
I got my Winamp and all the plugins but no host
Can i point my Ip or Host to BV to transmit and my friend to listen?
and if so how i go by doing it?

PS: I'm not to good in this, I may need a step by step instruction

MikeSlough
10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
which country you belong?
then i will suggests you that who is provider best hosting.

zuriatman
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote: "Can i point my Ip or Host to BV to transmit and my friend to listen?"

BlueVoda is only a website Builder software.

Your Ip was provided to you by your current Hosting company.

If you want to open or buy a new hosting account with
VodaHost, they have a special Haloween offer with a setup discount and a free Domain for one year.

If you want to use your current hosting company, the answer to your question is NO!