PDA

View Full Version : Question on how to make a success link page???

babybudd
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi does anyone have a suggestion on how you should create a link success page that links from the order page?Is it just like any other page like the contact page,do you just make a page that says thank you for odering or is there something else to it,same as the error page is this created the same way?www.fitness-nutrtion-online.com (http://www.fitness-nutrtion-online.com)(Please and Thank-you)
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
yes... you just make a page that says thank you..

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi Karen thak-you for answering so fast you are treffic,so it is that simple?Cool now I have another question I hope you wouldn't mind answering for me?On the success page when it says thank-you can you make a link for them to download a folder created in your files manager for them?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes you can. However, if you dont protect this with some software or a traditional type cart.. that link can be passed to ANYONE wanting to download your product.

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow you good and really fast!!Would mind telling me or showing me the right link for this?Seens your very fast can I ask you this or would you prefer me to head over to the forms for the question it is okay if you want me to head over there but I like you,you are good so I hoped I could ask you,now heres the question if you would answer it for me.Would you you know if you use the pay pal button do you need any other forms in order for your customer to order what you have to offer?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Well you dont need FORMS you need to protect your download. This would be done via a custom script or an included script in a shopping cart like soho.. or you can purchase a script to do this.

Just google it..

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Sorry Karen me again tee hee being blonde here but could you tell me how to link the success page from the order page pretty please??
PS.Love the frog.
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.dlguard.com/dlginfo/index.php

You dont link it from there.. you link it from paypal as the return page

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
HI there thank-you I hope I am not annoying you,can soho be used with the blue voda version 11?

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
no.. soho and blue voda dont mix and match. One or the other

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
So let me see when you create a page for the buy now button if you create a success page linking from that (if they order went through)that is where you could put the link?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:09 PM
No youd put it on your paypal button or at your paypal profile for the return URL..

Karen

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
You have to use the paypal button form.. you cant just make a form and add a button and get it to work correctly as there are hidden fields

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I am using the bluevoda version 11 any suggestions on what to do about the pay pal order forms?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM
read above.. its a paypal thing not a FORM thing.

If you are using the paypal button generator in bv.. you put your success page in the success url

http://www.whateveryoursiteis.com/successpage.html

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Not to be totally blonde but there is a pay pal button form?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Not to be totally blonde but there is a pay pal button form?
LaDelle

No.. you have to use the buttons either from paypal or the built in ones. There is a paypal DONATION form but thats not the same thing.

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:17 PM
OOPs sorry told you blonde here and a grandma, old and blonde not a good combo would'nt you agree?So thank-you.Could you please tell me how I would do this through pay pal please and protect it please??
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:19 PM
See the link i gave you above or type in google search bar

"how to protect digital downloads"

YOu will get a whole list of solutions

Im old and a grandma too.. not an excuse!

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:22 PM
thanks for the www.whateveryousiteis.com/successpage (http://www.whateveryousiteis.com/successpage) tip I printed it.Is this where I would put that link?On the success page?Am I getting any of this?You are a good person for helping me understand this stuff if I can ever understand it.
LaDelle

babybudd
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Your awesome, okay I admit it I am just rrreally slow or dumb take your pick.But I really do appreciate your help.
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-29-2009, 10:35 PM
thanks for the www.whateveryousiteis.com/successpage (http://www.whateveryousiteis.com/successpage) tip I printed it.Is this where I would put that link?On the success page?Am I getting any of this?You are a good person for helping me understand this stuff if I can ever understand it.
LaDelle

No.. youre NOT getting it.. in bv11 on the tool bar.. choose insert.. go all the way down to paypal.. select your button. right click on the button, properties and on each tab you fill out information. This url goes on the url tab...

You arent USING A FORM.. so get out of the FORM idea.

Karen

babybudd
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Karen thank-you very much for helping me. As my internet link went down I was able to think of a way to post that file manager folder can you tell me if this idea would work?Ok here goes can you put a link from your folder from the filemanager on to a bluevoda protected page that has been protected by using the protect page button linking from the success page using also the password button to login?
LaDelle

babybudd
07-30-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi I was just wondering can you put a link from your folder from the file manager on to a bluevoda version 11 protected page that has been protected by using the protect page button linking from the success page also using the password button to login?
LaDelle

Adrian29630
07-30-2009, 04:37 AM
I think the short answer to that question is ...No! Have you looked at the PDF document which you can download from just below the download link for BV11? It does go someway to explain how the membership forms and page protection options work....or at least should do, as we all seem to be having some problems with it

babybudd
07-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Thank-you.But what is PDF ?And were is it please?(I am a little on the blonde side here sorry.)LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-30-2009, 04:56 AM
<~~~bangs head on desk..

Ive no idea what you think you said even.. but NO it wont do any good to give them a login to download. They can just give it to someone else to download your book for free.

Trust me when i tell you.. you need a shopping cart or use a scripted protection that hides the actual location of your download.

Karen

Karen Mac
07-30-2009, 04:58 AM
And please dont make duplicate posts.. its hard enough answering ONE

Karen

babybudd
07-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi Karen,I am sorry I made you hurt your head ....If thie s makes you feel any better I feel the same way about my capablities to the computer,somethings I totally get right away, but this stuff to protect my booklet I am just not getting sorry ,the reason why I posted another post was because I thought I had lost you and I was trying to get someone to notice that I needed help sorry about that also,I am very glad to see that you are still willing to help me.So may I ask you without you getting upset with me how do you create a scripted protection please.
LaDelle

babybudd
07-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh ya what was Adrain talking about PDF what is that?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-30-2009, 06:34 AM
pdf is a format from adobe reader and its what most ebooks and booklets are.

If you have a book that you are selling you need to protect it because once the link is out there ANYONE can download it. Once the SE crawls your site.. they INDEX the link and anyone searching for content can find the download and get it without PAYING.

How hard is that to understand? Igave you a link to look at and told you how to find more info and more scripts on google about protecting digital downloads which your booklet would be.

Karen

babybudd
07-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Karen- no- I understand that part I just don't understand how you would use scripted protection that I don't get.But thanks for the explanation,I didn't know about the crawls and that is good to learn about.Now about that script can you help please, how do I apply it to my site?(hows your head need a pain killer)
LaDelle

babybudd
07-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Hey Karen can I ask you another question seens I am already tormenting you?If I use a protect page to protect a few pages in my web site do I need to use single protect page also?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Youd have to read their documentation. I cant answer that. They would explain it to you im sure. Each program/script has its own set of directions and protocols. I mean i could install it for you.. but im not in business to do it for free. I have all i can do to answer questions here for free.. Navaldesign is another person you can contact to assist you and his services arent free either. He could probably make a script for you..but its probably just as cheap to buy one and try it yourself first.

You need to slow down and do ONE step at a time, figure it out and move on.

Karen

babybudd
07-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Thank-you for answering all of my questions and being there your service is awesome, I am feeling very overwhelmed about making my web page I knew it was going to hard.Heres one more question on this script question if you don't mind okay? once I find a script can I apply it to bluevoda 11?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-30-2009, 06:57 AM
You dont apply it to the builder and then add LINKS.. You apply it to the download.. so YES

Karen

babybudd
07-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Humm interresting thank-you, does bluevoda have script somewhere on this site to watch and learn how to add it to my download?
LaDelle

babybudd
07-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Hi can someone please help with this question.If I use a protect page to protect a few pages in my web site do I need to use single protect page also?As they said what it is for and how to apply it to your page just drag and drop but they didn't say if you just needed the protect page or or if you needed both.
LaDelle

travlinman
07-30-2009, 11:27 AM
The "protect page" does not realy protect your page. it is similar to the error or success page feature when using forms.

"protect page" allows you to specify a page that u want the user to be sent to if he or she is not signed in.
Click on the lock to open the properties box ==> click on AccessDeniedPage (explanation appears at bottom)
now u can click on the small white box behind or the "..." box to enter the link to the page

As for the "Protect Single Page", I have not gotten this to work yet.

The tutorials should be out soon.

Karen Mac
07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
NOOOOOO...

It CANT. It wont know which one you will use either. The maker of the script will have this info.

Beating a dead horse now!

babybudd
07-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Thank-you,your are awesome, totally understood what you said,thank-you .Can I ask you travlinman what you would suggest for protecting a download for a beginner with my experience cause your good at this stuff and explaining to a beginner like me to make me understand it?Please and thank-you.
From a very beginner LaDelle

babybudd
07-31-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi,can someone tell me please,in bluevoda version 11 there is a script in there one option is VB script and the other is Javascript can these be used to protect a download link from the ftp file manager?Or if that script won't work can any body suggest one that will please???www.fitness-nutrition-online.com
Thanks-LaDelle

Watdaflip
07-31-2009, 06:11 AM
VB and Javascript are client side browser langauge. That is script written in either generally will only effect content in the users browser after it is loaded.

Anyhow, I am not sure if you mean protecting a file that you see in your file manager, or to protect the actual file manager (in which case it is already protected, you don't have to worry)

If you mean protecting a file that you see when you use your file manager, no VB nor Javascript is capable of protecting these files from being downloaded. You need a server side script (such as php or cgi) or build in server functionality (such as the password protected directory) to protect them.

I hope that helped, if not reply and I will try to explain further.

babybudd
07-31-2009, 06:34 AM
Hi thank-you for your answer.No,totally understood you,you are AWESOME at detail description which I totally need and thank you very much again for that.Can I ask you another question please?Where would I get a server side script (such as php or cgi) or build in server functionality (such as the password protected directory) to protect my script?For the bluevoda 11 version please?
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-31-2009, 06:45 AM
I told you that. If you want to protect your download thats exactly WHERE AND WHAT IT IS.

We discussed THOROUGHLY that whats built into bv will NOT protect your download from being stolen.

Karen

babybudd
07-31-2009, 07:26 AM
Karen I am not asking him WHAT it does, I am asking him WHERE and HOW would I get a server side script (such as php or cgi) or build in server functionality (such as the password protected directory) to protect my script?For the bluevoda 11 version please?And not what it does.I am asking watdaflip because he can answer my question so I can understand them.!
LaDelle

Karen Mac
07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Its already included as a function of your server.

Karen