Wordpress login problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress login problem

I recently downloaded the new version of wordpress and now have a problem because all comments and pings! are shown as "currently closed" As a result no one, including me as administrator, can log in. I have looked at all the other options to view the comments files/folders in cpanel and phpmyadmin but although I can see the comments files etc I cannot see anything indicating their status as "off" to enable to turn it on again. Any suggestions very welcome. the blog is at domain name /drblog
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Re: Wordpress login problem

In your browser address field, type in

or just click on it

Somehow your default meta got screwed up.

If you remember your login, try logging in.

If you are successful with login, save the link
    and guard it with your life.

If you want to, you can create your meta again once you login.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Hi Shafi

Thanks for the above I managed to get into it ok so that is a step in the right direction at least!

The other problem that seems to exist is that anyone wanting to add something to one of the blog headings cannot do so because nothing appears for them to write into nor does a login option appear. I am not sure if this means that I, as admin, have to begin the posts so that people can add comments...that works ok...but I would have preferred the option for a subscriber to begin a thread with something they wanted to put there.

I have read and looked at all the tools, options etc but can't find anything relating to this.. If you have any suggestions I would be grateful
      Regards

Adrian
      www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Google search "wordpress login plugin" and you will see
        a bunch of sites dealing with what you want to do.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Travelinman has a better understanding of it.

Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Working...
          X