Hi all

will appreciate your un-biased opinion on my first site

Thank you for taking the time. Cheers
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Re: its published, may I have your opinions please

A lot of hard work.

On the index file, because it's a gateway to your
    website, I would keep it as simple as possible.

Other than, you have done a great job.

But every website is different. Google index file is spotless
    not one drop of dirt in it. On the other hand, if you look
    at MSN and Yahoo and Excite and Lycos, their index file is
    crowded with so much info. I guess they believe in "the whole
    world at your fingertips" whereas Google does not want to overwhelm
    its visitors.

Is it Google success to have a bare minimum index file? Who
    knows. Everybody else is following MSN and Yahoo and a whole
    bunch of others.

I guess it's our choice. The biggest choice we have is to follow
    our own business plan.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

thaks for that. because its i think the first of a kind for social golfers, i need to endure the pain of educating. i will monitor closely and react when required. thanks for the insight
      Millie
      www.subeagle.com

Comment

I am redesigning the home page to be as clean as I can get it with all the links to my other pages. Thanks for the comment.
        Millie
        www.subeagle.com

Comment

at first look, looks great but because of the length a bit slow. U seem 2 have ur index page devided into 3 sections; the main, the recomended courses and plaing better. why not use those deviders 2 make 2 additional pages.

U obviously have spent enough time on this page and as there are a mountain of links I'm not going to follow them.

Looks like a great site.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Your site is a great example of good organization (hinting at rich Content development = better valuations) but will not score well with the SE's because it is not conforming to basic standards of the 'Perfect Page' model of site construction, and is being ranked as a 'Directory' (in the old days, used to be called a 'Bulletin Board') type site.

You would fare better having your navigational scheme located in one area rather than separated by graphical elements, or at least have one grand navigational list and no more than one additional smaller list that should be more "specialized" and refer to a single site section. And, your navigation should be available on every page for Visitors to use!
            The SE's have a different manner of establishing what is and is not a navigational scheme, and will not budge on what they look for in compliance: it is much different than the logic they use for images or icons that happen to serve as navigational tools (which they do not consider as elemental 'structure'), so having a structured list ideally located would be my number one suggestion.

Remember to define a page somehow, either with edges created by lines, grapical elements (a border) or by contrast (easily done in BV by simply having a white 'shape' serve as a page against a colored background), as this will indicate to the SE's that your site has basic conforming structure to follow and eventually find you navigational scheme (and others) within it: the SE's read page code just like our eyes see the page, noting parameters and inclusions (and well as the abandoned/'orphaned' elements and errant/sloppy leftover code).

These simple things have become more important in the past months, as Google and the others put greater emphasis on "Core" values since de-valuing many variables in October 2008.

You have great interior Content development, and it would be a shame to lose those predictable higher valuations just because the Index page thwarts proper SERP processing .....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Nice quick loading site. Found the menu a bit of a pain with having to keep going back to the home page on many of the pages to get the full menu.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thank you all for the constructive comments. I am currently re-planning and re-designing to take into account your good suggestions. I am trying to do this as fast and as careful as I can.

much appreciated everyone. thanks
                Millie
                www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
                X