Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different photo size

Hello
    I wanted to know if there is any way to control/change automatically the photo fisical size when uploaded or shown in my site

for example:

the user uploaded a 1024x2222 px
    but in my site i want it to have a unique size , something like 640x480 px

is it possible ?

Danny

Re: Different photo size

Automatically??

nothing happens automatically u can specify a max size 4 uploads...use pix-resizer 2 reduce them

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

well
      yeah i meant , what kind of script i can use and if its excist ,to reduce to fisical size?

pix resizer , is it a software that i need to manually resize it or it will do it when the user is uploading them

the thing is that it will be a classifieds site and i think the users WONT do it alone ( i mean the photo size MUST be 680x480 px)

Danny

Comment

You wouldnt want to upload a 1024x2222 onto your webpage
        as it will take ages to load and by that time, your viewer would have got tired of waiting.

Check out the Lightbox in BV as it create adjustable thumbs which when selected will enlarge. You should not go anywhere above 800 pixels unless
        you are using a software like Adobe flash or Macromedia flash etc.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

thats not what he meant is it ??!!!

what he meant is A USER who uploads a picture to to his page for an adwert for example!!

and the user doesent know or doesent care that the picture is too big !

so he wants a script or program or else to AUTOMATICALLY .. RESIZE the picture when UPLOADED from THE USER !

...... im not to sure if there is something like that arround for u to download somewhere !

but i know of a page that uses something like that because a mate of mine uploads many pictures which all have 2 to 3 mb each and he uploaded more than 150 of them to the server without resizing thm !

his disc usage is still only at 23 MB !!!!!!

if i ever hear of something ill post u !!

greetz uk

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizil.com
          Greetz UK

Comment

Yes, quite possible BUT with a script that will examine the original size, it will decide the resized picture size depending on predefined values and image orientation, it will the resize the image accordingly. Please also note that such scripts work rather well with jpg's, giff's, png's, but not very well with bmp's
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey guys
              I found a FREE script that does that :

http://tech.mikelopez.info/2006/03/02/php-image-resize-script/

who ever needs it...it works great!

p.s.
              what it does its JUST shows the image in a unique size BUT the orinigal size is still sitting in your folder(just make an upload limit for not TOO big files)

Danny

Comment

wont be able to use it yet ! but maybee later !

definatly good to know its there !

nice 1 thx !!!

;)
                Greetz UK

Comment

Working...
                X