Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video to page

Hi,
    I have perused all the video tutorials...there must be another issue here..
    I have posted this question on what I thought was the right forum but got no reply.

Problem - Can not load video.
    I have rendered a video in 3 different file extensions and still BV can not find it.
    .avi - .wmv and as a flash movie.

When I pull the relevant box onto my site page and go to properties I bring up My Documents where these different files are but BV can not see them... from the other forums I posted to, no joy... perhaps someone here can help

Thank you

Re: video to page

AHHH have you tryied the other players like windows media player or quicktime etc
    Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

yes thank you I have. I want to load this to a web page.
      Does Quicktime have another file extension?
      I have tried 3 different extensins already, but BV can not see any
      thank you

Comment

okay is the video you want to put your video?
        Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

Originally posted by leescatnet View Post
          okay is the video you want to put your video?
          Yes it is my video... I made it and edited it in Pinnacle studio 12.

I can render it in any format we need.

Hans

Comment

I would try to remake the video if you can and save it and try again and post back with the results.
            Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

Originally posted by leescatnet View Post
              I would try to remake the video if you can and save it and try again and post back with the results.
              Thank you again,
              I'm afraid that is not the answer.. have done this 3 times... each rendering takes about 1 hr to do... waste of time..
              I'm going to pm one of the professors of the forum... thank you for trying... I have run out of ideas... I can not understand why BV can not see the source files.
              thanx
              Hans

Comment

Hans

You have to usually ftp the video itself up and all and any associated files. Sometimes theres html to be upped as well. IF you want a self contained flash file then export it as a swf. Then you can use the FLASH icon in Bv to insert it to your site.

you can go to cpanel file manager .. navigate to public_html and then up load it if its your main site. If its a sub or an add on domain then click in that folder and upload it.

BV should upload it.. but it wouldnt hurt to do it manually. Your software should give you instructions in its help files to tell you how to upload and display the given formats on your webiste. Sometimes you have to EDIT the coding to display the CORRECT path as it will show your computers path and not the server path..

I cant know this.. without a link to the PAGE where you attempted to upload it or publish it to.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

when you have placed the windows media icon on your page, double click it then click browse, once this is open make shaw the "Files of types" dropdown box reads Windows Media Files and not the default you should then go the the folder that is holding your wma file. once there click the required file and click open. then click ok on the properties box. test then publish.
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Hi Karen,
                    Thank you again... problem solved. Alien Dude hit the nail on the head... I was not selecting correct file of type.

Alien Dude thank you... a week of frustrations so simply rectified.

I knew someone would come to my rescue before my frustration would cause me a bleeding ulcer.
                    Thanx again Karen and Alien Dude.
                    Hans

Comment

start I'm sorry I couldn't help you I tryied I don't know everything about bluevoda as mods do But I learn more and more everyday again sorry I couldn't help you. glad the problem is solved :)
                      Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

Originally posted by start living View Post
                        Hi Karen,
                        Thank you again... problem solved. Alien Dude hit the nail on the head... I was not selecting correct file of type.

Alien Dude thank you... a week of frustrations so simply rectified.

I knew someone would come to my rescue before my frustration would cause me a bleeding ulcer.
                        Thanx again Karen and Alien Dude.
                        Hans
                        Hi Karen, Just want to know if this is normal please.
                        OK no problem video is saved and works very nicely in preview.
                        Now for the upload... after 2 hours I decided there has to be a glitch... it was only about 1/3 of the way loaded... is this normal? The video is 5 mb
                        Thank you
                        If this long to upload will the poor sucker on the other side wait just as long for it to appear on his screen before he can see this?
                        Is there any way that these files can be "zipped" or whatever, to be smaller?
                        Thank you,
                        Hans

Comment

Sure you can zip them and they can download them.. but it wont stream open.

Flash usually compresses it quite a bit if you export it as a swf file. try that instead.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                          X