Bv to SoHo Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bv to SoHo Conversion?

I have just finished a site http://www.peacoatpress.com and am really pleased with Blue Voda. Fun and it works. But I am not thrilled with paypal as the only payment option. I looked at osCommerce that's more than I need. At most we will be selling 8 - 10 items in time.

If I go to SoHo will I have to start the site over again and will it give me more selling options, ie. shipping options, multiple delivery destinations, Check, Money Order and credit card payment, e-mail ordering etc.

Is there an order form I can insert in the present site that might work?

Thanks
    Dave
    http://www.peacoatpress.com
    ddstiles@cox.net

Re: Bv to SoHo Conversion?

Originally posted by ddstiles
    I have just finished a site http://www.peacoatpress.com and am really pleased with Blue Voda. Fun and it works. But I am not thrilled with paypal as the only payment option. I looked at osCommerce that's more than I need. At most we will be selling 8 - 10 items in time.

If I go to SoHo will I have to start the site over again and will it give me more selling options, ie. shipping options, multiple delivery destinations, Check, Money Order and credit card payment, e-mail ordering etc.

Is there an order form I can insert in the present site that might work?

Thanks
    Soho does offer more payment options, however you will have to code your template to work within soho. There are plenty of people out there that will help you, I'm not one of them i'm afraid as i'm rubbish at soho template config. Go here and ask about and you may find that someone can help you! HTH
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

I have 3 stores up and running (pre BV and Soho). I built a non store in BV and am working on a store in Soho because I was told it would be better for lots of items. I'm finding, so far, the shopping cart to not let me do very much and difficult to configure. Hoping to find out I can make some changes - but otherwise, I'll be back over to BV and looking at the options here. All shopping carts have their quirks. Personally, so far, I don't like the Soho shopping cart - unless some people find ways for me to do some things I have questions in on.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I just noticed you don't have a shopping cart on your site at all - so I'm not sure how people are buying even with Paypal? Without a cart by someone - they don't have a way to purchase?
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers and Mook25

Thanks for the replies. We do get orders through PayPal - it's only one item so far so it's not complicated. We can use our PayPal account to sell other books by generating a "buy now" button for each product, but not combined orders for shipping. I may import a an eCommerce cart rather than go through the Soho conversion/transition scenario. We'll see if enough items are generated for sale through the site.
          I guess a one trick pony is better than no pony at all.

Dave
          Dave
          http://www.peacoatpress.com
          ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Well, if I had wanted to order, I couldn't see how - so you could be losing orders right now. BV shows they are compatible with the Cube Cart and Zen Carts also. I'm going to try the Zen cart on my next BV store.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X