Just want to know how to make my phpbb forum a add-on to my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to know how to make my phpbb forum a add-on to my site

Hi again guys, I ask you guys for some help as the phpbb forum no help how would you make my phpbb forum part of my site like say www.example.com/forum.php or what ever. would I make it a add-on or a sub domain or what guys please help.
    Sincerly Leescatnet

Re: Just want to know how to make my phpbb forum a add-on to my site

Add a link to it in your navigation..

Actually it wll have to be installed in a folder..

yoursite.com/forum/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

what folder
      Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

create a folder named "forum" (public_html/forum) and install everything there
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

now I created a folder named forum in public_html but how do I install my forum?
          Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

phpBB 3.3.x Installation, updating and conversion information

Comment

okay following the instructions on the page you pointed me to tom. Here's how far I got: I downloaded the latest version of phpbb (phpbb3) on to my PC then whent into the file manger in the cpanel and in the forum folder, I uploaded THE file of phpbb3 called: phpBB-3.ZIP then extrated the file. Now after I did that:obove the phpBB-3.ZIP file in the forum folder is a littlie folder called phpbb. After that I thought I was done guess not cause I put in http://www.mydomain/forum/ when that didn't work I put in http://www.mydomain/phpbb/forum/ and it still did not work. So that's wear I'm at now. Did I do something wrong if so what? And what do I do next? Cause I don't under stayed what these instructions say.
              any help would be thanked.
              Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

Sorry I can't give any useful help, Leescatnet--I use vBulletin for my site. Keep at it, and I do suggest you post your questions also at the phpBB forum.

Comment

What is your actual domian (always post that if your asking questions pertaining to your site).

Now, that being said, you don't need to manually install phpbb onto your website. If you login to cPanel, there is a page called "Fantastico". Using Fantastico you can easily install a phpbb forum onto your site in a few quick steps. It will create the directory for you (make sure you delete the directory you made though, as it won't let you specify a directory that already exists).

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I see now that the Fantastico phpBB has been updated to 3.04. Last time I looked it was v2 (while v3 had been available for some time). So, yes, install from Fantastico if that's easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X