Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcafee siteadvisor

Hi there

Obvious that I searched all forums for this and did not find anything to solve this issue. I am trying to get mcafee to rate my site and it asked me to create a blank page with a Mcafee-specified html name. Prob is, they want the format to be mydomainname.comxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.html. When I created the page, named it as specified, and published it, bv did not complain. Except when I checked through CP, the file was saved as mydomainname.html. The ".comxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" part got truncated. Now, Mcafee said it can't find the file so is unable to verify. Is there a way to name a file with a full stop as part of the name?

Thanks

Millie

Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Re: mcafee siteadvisor

I have my site in mcaffee advisor and i think you are confused about the file name. Go back over the instructions. I believe they just want it at the ROOT of the domain. You can make the file with notepad too by the way.. you dont have to do it in bv

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: mcafee siteadvisor

Hi Karen

Thanks for the reply. I just actually managed to get it rated. They want the file available at the web root (for bv, that means public_html). What I did was publish the page with just the numbers.bvp and ended up with numbers.html. I then went to CP and renamed that file by inserting my 'subeagle.com' infront of the numbers, thereby having a file with the format 'domainname.comxxxxxxxx.html'. I went back to McAfee and requested verification and it found the file.

Thanks
      Millie
      www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
      X