Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needs a Wordpress GURU - Pages do their own thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs a Wordpress GURU - Pages do their own thing!

This is my 3rd time of asking - hoping someone will be able to identify the cause of my irritation.
    When I open a draft post which was written possibly a week ago, to read it again and see if I'll use it, or if I edit an existing post the following happens...
    As I scroll down the page to read through it the page automatically goes back to the top... causing me to continuously having to look for my place again ... when I have found it and have read another few lines at best, the page goes back to the top again, and the frustrtion is pushed up a notch! This happens continuously, i have thought of kicking wordpress into touch, but surely there has to be a remedy? No one else is having this hassle... or are they?

Is there anybody that can tell me why this is. It also prevents me from using text links, when I highlight the words I want to link the page goes to the top and the highlighted words are cleaned.. I have tried to beat the page-change to try and get a link done, but it is too quick for me, moving back to the top of the page almost instantly and wiping the highlted words clean. No Link!!!
    If there is no one on this forum who can help with this problem, can anyone direct me to some support system that could possibly help?
    Thank you
    Hans

Re: Needs a Wordpress GURU - Pages do their own thing!

have you kicked it over to full screen mode or something? instead of the panel mode which is default? are you typing in the editor? or in the edit post?

Sometime you might consider HIRING a tutor. Or.. sitting down and going thru tutorials until you get the hang of one type of software before tacking a second and third. You have to walk before you can run

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Hans,

In Information Technology, sometimes I do things
      for the heck of it.

I had a couple of problems with the latest and greatest
      WordPress downloads. I went ahead and re-install
      the latest and the greatest and the problem went away.

Dash to your board,

Look for Tools in the left menu.

Click on Upgrade

Like I said before, when nothing else works and
      you don't have an answer, we all have one option
      left: A shot in the dark.
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Karen I hear you, and do understand your comment.
        1. Where I live we do not have luxuries like tutors who understand this...small town 3rd world. Unfortunately I am physically challenged and do not easily get out of my flat, if I did I might go to the next town and seek a course at some form of technicon. So the Tutor would have to come here.
        2. All these things I tackle work together towards one result I am aimng at. Unfortunately the BV forum is the best and only place to get BV information. The forum unfortunately is the only option.
        I understand why you are saying this... perhaps you should wait for another to answer my questions. I am very sorry to be such a nuisance.
        however, I did not write to you personally, the wordpress question was a question to the general forum.
        Please do not let my ignorance be your hassle.
        Thank you for all your help in the past
        Regards Hans

Comment

Hans..

I realize this. I also understand that MUCH of this could be answered on your own .. if you would use the information available.. like the wordpress tutorials and the wordpress site itself. Lots of documentation.. and.. we dont always have the time to go check it out for you.

Open source software which you can use to easily create a beautiful website, blog, or app.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Hans

That exact thing is happening to me too with WP.

I've had a few WP sites and this is the first time I've had it happen. Might be some conflict with the theme or plugin.

For the moment - does it work if you highlight the word, and then go ahead and complete the link, even if you can no longer see the word? That's what I've been doing. It works, although it's frustrating.

For me it doesn't do this in full-screen mode. Have you tried toggling to fullscreen? (The little blue-screen icon)

This isn't the best place for WP info - as Karen said, the wordpress.org forums are. If you find the answer, be sure to come back and post it :)

Comment

Hi Sunchaser,
              Thank you for the info... I shall go to the forums, as the issue is still unresolved.
              I'll post it if I find a solution.
              Hans

Comment

Working...
              X