PDA

View Full Version : Publishing Problem: main domain 'index' being published with content of add-on domain

Alice
08-10-2009, 11:38 PM
www.awarenessofoneness.com
add-on domain: www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com

Thank You for your previous helpful information.
I am still unable to publish the index page for the main domain, awarenessofoneness.
I have saved the index page for awarenessofoneness in the bv file.
When the page is to be published the publishing is denied and a message says the file is: "ERROR: 550 Can't change directory to public_html/:No such file or directory."

The same content for 'index' page is published for both domain names. This is the content for the site: abridgebeyondcoaching.com.

The file for index for awarenessofoneness is saved in FTP as: index.bv.
The file for index for abridgebeyond coaching is saved in FTP as: abbc_index.bv

The domain, awarenessofoneness, is the main domain and the other; abridgebeyondcoaching
is an add-on domain.

Any suggestions as what I can do to publish the index page and the other pages for awarenessofoneness?

Thank you so much!
Alice

travlinman
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Alice, u r so confused that ur going to confuse everybody with ur questions.

First of all, u should NOT work on 2 pages(web sites) at the same time. Second u need to properly set up ur add-on domain...this will create a folder for u 2 publish ur files 2.
both of ur index files need to be saved as just that: index.html(not index.bv or abbc_index.bv) One get published in the root_html folder & the other in the add-on domain folder

U need to forget about one of ur 2 sites and concentrate on just 1!

Hint:Also when u start ur second site u also need to make a seperate folder in BV to keep ur files seperate.

Alice
08-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Thank You!
I get that I need to focus on one domain before going to the other.
Please excuse me, but I am more overwhelmed than confused. There is much detail that is not provided. I do not know if I have my files named correctly or set up correctly. I do have two files: one for the root domain and one the add-on domain. I do not know how to sort out this situation.
How do I get my files set up so I can proceed?
Thank You!
Alice

wysiwyg4
08-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Please read Karen Mac description (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/saving-naming-previewing-publishing/51993-adding-2nd-domain-can-not-publish.html). What she described
might be applicable to your case. Scroll down to Karen Mac.

zuriatman
08-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Alice,

Did you ever watch the video tutorials on publishing?

Open your BlueVoda and on the bottom toolbar select ''Tutorials"

The videos will give you a better understanding on how to do it.

It is so simple todo.

Name your homepage "index"

Then publish it to "public_html/"......................thats all to it.

When you type your "http://www.yourdomainname.com"

Your index page will appear in any browser you use.

You have to add incPanel>add-on domain the other domainname which has to be purchased and registered first with a Domain Registrar like WHOIS.

Once added a new folder will be automatically created in your public_html folder as abridgebeyondcoaching.

When you publish to your add-on domain,

type in: public_html/abridgebeyondcoaching

Remember each domain name has to have their own index page.

travlinman
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Thank You!
I get that I need to focus on one domain before going to the other.
Please excuse me, but I am more overwhelmed than confused. There is much detail that is not provided. I do not know if I have my files named correctly or set up correctly. I do have two files: one for the root domain and one the add-on domain. I do not know how to sort out this situation.
How do I get my files set up so I can proceed?
Thank You!
Alice

As Zuriatman already said, watch the video. I always tell people 2 watch them until they come out of ur ears.

Being overwhelmed leads 2 confusion. There is little detail because BV is free; other wise it would cost several hundred dollars & have a 100+ page manual.

In BV create a folder called abridge and put the index file and anything else (images,etc) u have 4 the add-on in this folder. Now, forget about ur add-on. Create a folder called awareness and do the same as above.
Open BV & click Tools => Options => Folder. Change Documents so that it point 2 where u have ur awareness folder C:\..........\awareness This way everytime u save or open a BV file it automatically goes there.

Remember that the index page is always named index.html (sometimes .php) but always just plain index. No matter if u have 1 or 20 domains.

Remember 2 publish to public_html (add-on domains publish to public_html/add-on name)

Watch the tutorials!