Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Publishing Problem: main domain 'index' being published with content of add-on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Problem: main domain 'index' being published with content of add-on domain

add-on domain: www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com

Thank You for your previous helpful information.
    I am still unable to publish the index page for the main domain, awarenessofoneness.
    I have saved the index page for awarenessofoneness in the bv file.
    When the page is to be published the publishing is denied and a message says the file is: "ERROR: 550 Can't change directory to public_html/:No such file or directory."

The same content for 'index' page is published for both domain names. This is the content for the site: abridgebeyondcoaching.com.

The file for index for awarenessofoneness is saved in FTP as: index.bv.
    The file for index for abridgebeyond coaching is saved in FTP as: abbc_index.bv

The domain, awarenessofoneness, is the main domain and the other; abridgebeyondcoaching
    is an add-on domain.

Any suggestions as what I can do to publish the index page and the other pages for awarenessofoneness?

Thank you so much!
    Alice

Re: Publishing Problem: main domain 'index' being published with content of add-on do

Alice, u r so confused that ur going to confuse everybody with ur questions.

First of all, u should NOT work on 2 pages(web sites) at the same time. Second u need to properly set up ur add-on domain...this will create a folder for u 2 publish ur files 2.
    both of ur index files need to be saved as just that: index.html(not index.bv or abbc_index.bv) One get published in the root_html folder & the other in the add-on domain folder

U need to forget about one of ur 2 sites and concentrate on just 1!

Hint:
    Also when u start ur second site u also need to make a seperate folder in BV to keep ur files seperate.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Re: Publishing Problem: main domain 'index' being published with content of add-on do

Thank You!
      I get that I need to focus on one domain before going to the other.
      Please excuse me, but I am more overwhelmed than confused. There is much detail that is not provided. I do not know if I have my files named correctly or set up correctly. I do have two files: one for the root domain and one the add-on domain. I do not know how to sort out this situation.
      How do I get my files set up so I can proceed?
      Thank You!
      Alice

Comment

Please read Karen Mac description. What she described
        might be applicable to your case. Scroll down to Karen Mac.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Alice,

Did you ever watch the video tutorials on publishing?

Open your BlueVoda and on the bottom toolbar select ''Tutorials"

The videos will give you a better understanding on how to do it.

It is so simple todo.

Name your homepage "index"

Then publish it to "public_html/"......................thats all to it.

When you type your "http://www.yourdomainname.com"

Your index page will appear in any browser you use.

You have to add incPanel>add-on domain the other domainname which has to be purchased and registered first with a Domain Registrar like WHOIS.

Once added a new folder will be automatically created in your public_html folder as abridgebeyondcoaching.

When you publish to your add-on domain,

type in: public_html/abridgebeyondcoaching

Remember each domain name has to have their own index page.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Thank You!
            I get that I need to focus on one domain before going to the other.
            Please excuse me, but I am more overwhelmed than confused. There is much detail that is not provided. I do not know if I have my files named correctly or set up correctly. I do have two files: one for the root domain and one the add-on domain. I do not know how to sort out this situation.
            How do I get my files set up so I can proceed?
            Thank You!
            Alice
            As Zuriatman already said, watch the video. I always tell people 2 watch them until they come out of ur ears.

Being overwhelmed leads 2 confusion. There is little detail because BV is free; other wise it would cost several hundred dollars & have a 100+ page manual.

In BV create a folder called abridge and put the index file and anything else (images,etc) u have 4 the add-on in this folder. Now, forget about ur add-on. Create a folder called awareness and do the same as above.
            Open BV & click Tools => Options => Folder. Change Documents so that it point 2 where u have ur awareness folder C:\..........\awareness This way everytime u save or open a BV file it automatically goes there.

Remember that the index page is always named index.html (sometimes .php) but always just plain index. No matter if u have 1 or 20 domains.

Remember 2 publish to public_html (add-on domains publish to public_html/add-on name)

Watch the tutorials!

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
            X