• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site for crit please .. :)

Good day..
    site URL: www.trainingyogateachers.com

I'd appreciate some feedback on my first web site please. In particular:

1. I use a common Menu bar for all pages, when updating, is there a short cut I can use?
    2. I spent ages trying to sort out the email. Its working but needs some help? I'll post a seperate thread in the email forum as I would like to sort my thinking out.. :)
    3. Meta tags, I need to include the site name in the page names, and it needs redoing. Do I need to put meta tags in all pages?
    4. If I want to target some particular countries, how can I do this?
    5. Can someone please recommend some studies I can get into for SEO.

Many thanks

Mike

Re: New site for crit please .. :)

Merebah Mike,
    Can't help you with the "Searching" questions - need a General for that LOL
    just wanted to say that the site looks real good & I know my wife would love to take the 22 day intensive.......but not that rich at the moment!
    Good luck to you both,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

1. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html

youd have to remake your pages a tad.. but once you did .. all youd have to update is the menu.
      3. Yes each pay should have its own meta tags.. most important is title and description.
      4. Google will let you do geo targeting.. and you might increase your keyword density for the location you are servicing by including it in good reading text on your site.
      5. Just google SEO look at the search engine room on the forum and use the search function for SEO on the forum.

Theres TOO Much to SEO to just sum it up in a few words, phrases or just a few threds etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen and David. I saw Navaldesign's tut some time ago and thanks for pointing me back to it. This is the way to go and i'll get into it. Not too much work to do to convert at this early stage of the game and it will be a great bonus when I do maintenance.
        Thanks for the other advice - I appreciate your time and input. Your great!

Mike

Comment

Rod Harper suggests, at a bare minimum, do the following:

1. All large images should have alt text.

2. Make sure all img tags have height & width attributes.

3. The terms used in the page title should be found somewhere on the page.

3a. Your first paragraph is the most important. It should have your primary keyword tags for the page.

4. Make sure all keywords are on the page if they are in your keyword tag.

5. Treat each page as it is the home page. Together they make website stronger.

Like Karen suggested, there are websites and blogs that
          help in SEO. Google it.
          Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Hi Shafi
            Thanks for the feedback. You might recognize some of your previous suggestions and help implemented in the site... :)
            I'm working through your and everyones advice/recommendations and see I need to rebuild the site quite soon... might have to go with the minimum and put it out there and then design a new page. So I thank you all again and its becoming real good fun and a challenge to learn something new. BV is awesome in my opinion. There is so much to learn and so much help....

regards
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X