SMPT authentiaction for soho emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMPT authentiaction for soho emails

I've been told that i need to use SMPT authentication or whatever it's called so that emails can be sent from my soho site. I've checked all the tutorials on email setup and have my email client set up correctly (I think) but still i can't send emails from the site. Any other ideas?
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Re: SMPT authentiaction for soho emails

Originally posted by Mook25
    I've been told that i need to use SMPT authentication or whatever it's called so that emails can be sent from my soho site. I've checked all the tutorials on email setup and have my email client set up correctly (I think) but still i can't send emails from the site. Any other ideas?
    Is is most probable that you have not checked the "Server needs Authentication" box in Outlook Express setting. Or, your local ISP is blocking port 25 which is used to send SMTP authentication emails with Vodahost Servers. If your settings are ok, call your ISP and ask them if they are blocking port 25.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: SMPT authentiaction for soho emails

Originally posted by navaldesign
      Is is most probable that you have not checked the "Server needs Authentication" box in Outlook Express setting. Or, your local ISP is blocking port 25 which is used to send SMTP authentication emails with Vodahost Servers. If your settings are ok, call your ISP and ask them if they are blocking port 25.
      Thanks i will check this to. Most probably will be BT blocking it as i'm sure i did check the 'server needs authentication' box
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
      X