PDA

View Full Version : SMPT authentiaction for soho emails

Mook25
03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I've been told that i need to use SMPT authentication or whatever it's called so that emails can be sent from my soho site. I've checked all the tutorials on email setup and have my email client set up correctly (I think) but still i can't send emails from the site. Any other ideas?

navaldesign
03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I've been told that i need to use SMPT authentication or whatever it's called so that emails can be sent from my soho site. I've checked all the tutorials on email setup and have my email client set up correctly (I think) but still i can't send emails from the site. Any other ideas?

Is is most probable that you have not checked the "Server needs Authentication" box in Outlook Express setting. Or, your local ISP is blocking port 25 which is used to send SMTP authentication emails with Vodahost Servers. If your settings are ok, call your ISP and ask them if they are blocking port 25.

Mook25
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Is is most probable that you have not checked the "Server needs Authentication" box in Outlook Express setting. Or, your local ISP is blocking port 25 which is used to send SMTP authentication emails with Vodahost Servers. If your settings are ok, call your ISP and ask them if they are blocking port 25.
Thanks i will check this to. Most probably will be BT blocking it as i'm sure i did check the 'server needs authentication' box