Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email links don't work

hello,
    this is laura mura and my url is www.producilmiodisco.org.
    the email button I included in my navigation bar, using the mailto: feature in the links window, just doesn't work: when I open a page from any browser and I click on the word "email", nothing happens. all the other links they do work,
    I don't know what's wrong with that. it's the same thing in every page of the site and I did not find any specific tutorial on this...

Re: email links don't work

I cant test it because you havent published an 'index' page yet.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

oh, yes, you can, please go to http://208.43.222.138/~ewdblkxh/test.html

Comment

Email link does work but remember this will only work if the visitor has an email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express

I personally find links like that irritating. I would direct your visitor to a contact page with a contact form on it. and then a mailto: link on this page so the visitor can chose to use it or not.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

ok, I did that because I am irritated when I run into forms, because I feel like I'm being kept at a distance, while I wanted to be friendly :)
          thaks anyway

Comment

Fair enough but you should be thinking of your visitor and not thinking about you....smiling!!

Good luck with your site..its looking good
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

yes, you are right, only I didn't get what you said: it can be annoying not because your email software pops up, as I thought at first, but because those who don't have one can't send any email if I choose that option! sorry, I am not so comfortable with the english language, so I misunderstood.
              ok, now I did what you said: I tried with a form, but I tested it and doesn't work!!! why??? url:http://208.43.222.138/~ewdblkxh/test.html

Comment

Working...
              X