Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring existing wordpress blog

Hi,
    I have an established blog at wordpress.com but have decided to move it over to a hosting account so that I can utilise more features and grow my business, but before I begin I just want to check that I can move it over with all of its existing posts, pages etc. I don't want to start it from scratch. Is this possible?
    I have looked through the forum to see if this has already been discussed but can't find anything.

Cheers

Sarah
    Sarah

Re: Transferring existing wordpress blog

Yes, Sarah, it is possible for you to migrate your blog, but be prepared for the intracacies of the task!

Find and print out the documentation on the Wordpress.org website for both "creating a backup" and "re-installing or moving" your blog so you will have the step-by-step instructions clearly before you.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Transferring existing wordpress blog

Hi again Vasili, decided to chicken out and take the easy route which was to just paste my posts into the new one, I only had 19, and they were all from the same week so it just seemed the fastest way to go. Just learning how to use themes now that my blog is hosted is proving hard enough, lol.
      Sarah

Comment

Working...
      X